Friday 26 May 2023

Quick peak at my garden

 


My garden is starting to bloom beautifully but I've still got a month to go before my garden party!!  It's peaking too early!  Hopefully some other flowers will be in bloom as the aquilegias and irises will be done.  I've been potting up all my bargain plants plus a few I paid full price.  I'll do a full back garden tour soon as I'm really pleased with it 😊

I was in Sainsbury's the other day with my DIL.  I rarely go into the store these days (I prefer Tesco.) I just get my main deliveries from them.  I bought 2 items and got 2 coupons with my receipt.  I just shoved them into my bag and didn't check them until I got home.  Imagine my delight when I saw one was for £9 off a delivery over £90 (my usual once a month big shop) and the other was for £12 off an £80 spend in store!!  So £21 off if I do 2 big shops BUT they expire within a week of each other.   I could do an extra  store cupboard stock up.  See above photo for the only tins I have left!!  Then I'd do my normal online start of the month shop.  I could get a lot with that £21 off!  

My fridge and freezer are running very low too.  I've been trying to make sure I use up everything I have.  After tonight's meal I only have 2 frozen servings of meat left (1 beef in gravy and 1 minced beef with veg.)  The only veg I have frozen peas and brussels sprouts!  I used up the last of some quinoa lurking in the store cupboard and cooked it with rice.  I saw this somewhere recently (maybe FB) and thought I'd try it.  It was pretty uninteresting!!  Luckily I had enough beef and gravy to give it some flavour.  I've still got some GF polenta to use up.  It's not my favourite but it's edible with a lot of butter and cheese!! 😂  Waste not want not and all that!

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great coupons!!!

    I have found if I cut the going to seed flowers off my columbines they do flower a bit longer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dead heading and feeding everything to keep them going! I deliberately chose flowers that should bloom until September so all my containers will look good :-)

      Delete
  2. Loved the mini tour of your garden-I am just starting to make our garden all perennials which will be a longer term process than I thought. Great score on the money off vouchers especially as you need a big order anyway. Happy weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gradually moving towards everything being perennial. It makes life easier. I'm only buying bedding plants this year because of the party. I've made a shopping list to stock up and make the most of the vouchers! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks