Tuesday 7 November 2023

Got beef!

 

Less than 24 hours after surgery to remove the remains of her broken tooth, Luna seems to be back to 'normal.'   Although she has painkillers to take for a few days.  And my bank balance took another £450 hit as doggy dental work isn't covered by my pet insurance 🙄 She's been trying to work out how to climb up on my wee stool for ages now and I think she's getting closer!!  The target is stealing the tea towel!! 😂

When I dropped her off at the vet I popped into Morrison's as it's on that side of town and got a beef joint.  Not as nice as the one I didn't get in my Sainsbury's order but a decent price for one that was for chucking in the slow cooker for a few hours.


Here it is all shredded and cooled overnight in the fridge.  There's quite a bit of fat that I'll skim off and maybe keep for my next batch of pastry.  Waste not and all that!  The beef is all portioned up and in the freezer now 😋

6 comments:

  1. Luna looks like she will be up on that stool in no time now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's got that look on her face, hasn't she? It won't be long. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the dental work went well. She’s growing quickly and soon won’t need the step to catch the tea towel. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can steal it when the oven doors are open!! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks