Saturday 23 December 2023

I said I wouldn't but I did!

 

I said I wouldn't get another TGTG bag but I did!  I'd noticed on the app this week that the M&S bags in my area weren't selling out so I thought since it's Christmas I'd give it a go.  I got 2 last night and gifted one to my son and DIL.  Each bag cost me £5 and both bags were identical except one had a loaf of bread and the other had a tub of chocolate brownie bites.

Full retail cost should have been £37.95!  So I got £75.90 worth of goodies for a tenner!!

In case it's not clear in the photo, each bag had a chicken breast kyiv, a fish pie, a king prawn bhuna, feta filled falafals, houmous, a quiche lorraine, a smoked ham and coleslaw sandwich and some wee tomatoes.  One bag had a wholemeal loaf and the other had brownies.  My DIL took the loaf and brownies and she swapped me their quiche and sandwich.  Everything freezable was put in the freezer and the rest will be used up today.

I haven't bought any so called special Christmas food from the supermarkets so this plus my 'free' lunch from the other day is my festive food.  With the other bargains in the freezer there's plenty of fancy food to last me through all next week 😋

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a saving.
    Merry Christmas x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge saving and worth it for a load of special treats. If you can't eat treats at Christmas, when can you? :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. i definitely need to give this a try, i hope you soon get over your cold and have a good christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The M&S ones here are usually good value. Stinky cold isn't improving yet but as it's the first one in 10 months I'm trying not to be moany! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. That is absolutely brilliant value. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great saving for some good-quality food. The chicken kiev is one of the nicer ones. Merry Christmas. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the chicken! I don't eat ready meals so this is my Christmas treat to myself :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Those were brilliant bags, lots of useful stuff for you, and it's good that you can do swaps with each other and have the foods you like best, that makes it even better value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also got their wee quiche as it had ham in it so that's lots of lunch and dinner meals if I add in veggies etc :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Brilliant bags this time- and some great tasty food to be enjoyed. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was really pleased at the quality of them :-) xxx

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a good deal. I have been shocked by how much it has cost me to put on the Christmas meal for the six of us - so far $150! And that doesn`t include wine, beer and apple cider for the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shocking amount to buy all the traditional stuff for a Christmas meal now. That's why I said I'm just not doing it this year. Many years ago when I used to host the whole family it would cost several hundred pounds to feed everyone for the 2 days they came to stay, not including alcohol! Of course I'm a more savvy shopper and cook now but it would still cost a lot! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks