Wednesday 21 February 2024

Tea and coffee

 

Following on from the successful clearing out of my spices, I had a go at sorting out my tea and coffee.  There's a lot more tea than I thought!!!  To be fair some were gifts as folk know I like 'nice' teas but some of them I did buy myself.  I have a ton of Pukka herbal teas.  The larger Kilner jar and the Yorkshire Tree tin plus the actual Pukka box are full of herbal teas designed to fight off colds etc.  

I have unopened boxes/jars/tins of Tetley green teabags, loose Earl Grey and 2 lots of camomile.  I have some opened green jasmine tea, Whittards Christmas herbal loose tea and the loose tea I got from my afternoon tea at the Balmoral.  

I've also got my own home grown and dried applemint, sage and elderflower.  There's some loose echinacea I use in my elderberry syrup mixture.  The smaller Kilner jar has Sencha Rose loose tea (it's delicious but almost finished) and then I have some bog standard PG Tips teabags (not pictured) I use these teabags because they're biodegradable but they've changed the pack sizes recently 😠 So it's fair to say I've got plenty of tea to keep me going in the coming shortages!! 🫖

My coffee collection isn't as big!! 😂 It's fairly self explanatory except the coffee capsules aren't mine.  I'm strictly instant or filter in a cafetiere! ☕ I used to be quite fussy about my brand (Percol Americano) but I like the supermarket own brand now and it's hugely cheaper!  I generally have 2 or 3 large mugs of coffee in the morning.  Never ask me anything before that first coffee!!!!! Then I move onto tea in the afternoon and herbal teas at night.  I've given up buying Diet Coke (again!) so the only other drink I have is water.

It's a foul weather day here.  The organised dog training walk group has been cancelled so my day is my own.  Time for a bit of painting if I can get some peace from Luna!! 🐕

16 comments:

  1. Gosh, that's a good selection of teas and coffees, it should keep you going for a while. I'm much simpler in that department, I don't drink any tea as it all makes me ill. I have tried so many over the years but now I've given up. As for coffee I only drink instant Nescafe at home, so if I were to sort out my coffees for a photo there would just be one jar of decaf and two jars of regular Nescafe, plus two refill pouches as they were on a really good offer just before Christmas.

    Our weather is foul here too, non stop rain all night and it's still falling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't realise I had that many teas!! About half were gifted but there's no point having them if I don't drink them. Tea is one of the things that's going to be in short supply (apparently) so I know I'm sorted if that happens :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. I like a mug of cocoa occasionally, real cocoa, real milk and a bit of sugar, made in the microwave, in the mug. A treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to like hot chocolate but I just don't. I've even tried it with different non dairy milks but nope. My DIL loves it with marshmallows as a treat :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. You have quite a selection there of all sorts, most I've never heard of! Should keep you in hot drinks for a good while.
    (I only have one cup of tea a day so your stash would last me years.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I've made a note of them it will be interesting to see how long they last me! :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. We have to supply a small prize for the raffle at a beetle drive. I have bought some gold label tea bags. They might be very much appreciated if the scaremongering in the news causes shortages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be like loo roll all over again!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. We drink green tea, coffee and water. I drink decaff and husband drinks Americano Intenso but switches to decaff later in the day. I wonder if all the scare,ongering will be the toiletpapergate of 2024. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be! Good job I drink a variety so it won't be too much of disaster for me if there's a shortage :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. What a great selection of teas. I think you might manage to make it through any tea shortage that could be coming.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enough to keep you going for ages - splendid! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having loathed Earl Grey tea most of my adult life, suddenly it's my favourite but I have to buy decaf otherwise I get palpitations from too much caffeine - I allow myself one full caffeine coffee a day, in the morning, and that's a pod as I can't stand instant 😀
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having cut out a lot things that aren't 'good' for me, coffee is my one vice. But I only drink it in the morning now to wake me up! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks