Wednesday 13 March 2024

A bit of meal prepping

 

I popped into Tesco yesterday on my travels and got some meat bargains in my top up shop.  The chicken breasts (5 of them) were seasoned with garlic and herbs and baked in the oven.  The beef olives were fried off in a pan and baked with a little chicken stock.  I also chucked in some potatoes to bake to fill up the oven!  I cooked off the lamb mince with some carrots and onions.  Everything was portioned up and chucked in the freezer.  Another few weeks of meal prepped ingredients sorted!

I also did a batch of scones using some buttermilk and butter from the freezer.  I'm getting better at them although they still wouldn't win any prizes on Bake Off!  They do taste fab 😋

I also made some Turnberry soup, which is really a cream of vegetable soup.  Recipe and story behind it HERE on one of my old blogs.  I added some extra cream 😋

Today has been a day of painting and cleaning.  The for sale sign is now in my front garden with a 'coming soon' sticker on it.  I feel a wee bit sad.

10 comments:

  1. The scones and soup look delicious - a perfect lunch IMHO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup looks delicious and the scones looks really tempting. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really pleased with my scone progress!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. The scones look perfect to me and that soup.... Yum.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand your mixed emotions on selling up but see it as a chance to let the past rest in the current house, carry on with the present and soon enough you will be in your new future home to make lots of new memories 🙏. Jan in Castle Gresley xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to moving but seeing the sign just caught me a wee bit unawares :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Moving is almost always a mixed emotions time isn't it ?
    The scones look great. I'm often not very pleased with my scones but piled with cream and jam they go down very well 😉
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving house is in the top 3 most stressful situations for good reason! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks