Friday 22 June 2018

Macaroni cheese


Why have I waited 5 years to make a gluten and dairy free version of macaroni cheese????  Gluten free pasta and a traditional cheese sauce made with gf flour, goat's butter, almond milk and goat's cheese.  It was amazing!!  Now I know it doesn't taste the same as 'real' macaroni cheese but not having had it for so long it was good enough.  Sadly not a frugal dish like the 'real' one as gf and dairy free ingredients are expensive but I'll consider it a treat.

2 comments:

  1. I like to put some lightly cooked broccoli in my macaroni cheese and well done in making a dairy free version. We’re having gnocchi tonight although it’s so hot that a lovely salad seems a better idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE broccoli! I eat it almost every day :-)

      I shouldn't complain about this heat but it's unbearable in school. Our building is not built to let air in :-(

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks