Thursday 21 June 2018

Flattered (again)


I guess I should be flattered (again) as I've been asked by management to take on an extra role next session.  I've been given some extra non contact time to work with the Principal Teacher on raising attainment. It could be on Literacy or Numeracy, they haven't worked that bit out yet.  There's no extra money involved *sighs* but it could be interesting.  And it's nice that they think I've been doing a good enough job with my own class that I can help raise attainment. 

I've been sorting out a few more union issues this week and all seems well on that front too.  I know that the Curriculum for Excellence here in Scotland isn't perfect but hearing from friends who work in England I think it's doing a decent job.  Our gripes don't seem too bad.

I meet my new class tomorrow and we get to spend an hour together.  It will be a P3 class.  That's Y2 in England or Grade 2 in US. Not sure about Australia.  They'll turn 7 during the year. They're currently the class next door to me so they know me pretty well already.  I'm moving rooms to an upstairs one. It's a corner room with windows on 2 sides and is the second best room in the school. I currently have THE best corner room as it has an outside door. 😊 I discovered tonight that only 2 members of staff are staying in the same room next year and everyone else is moving.  Makes the final week a wee bit more stressful!!

Only 4 more whole teaching days and 2 half days left!

8 comments:

  1. It IS flattering and a great expression of confidence in your ability and skills. Shame it's not been followed up with a raise as well but there you go! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely a wee confidence boost :-)

      Delete
  2. Well done and it shows that your teaching is getting results. My daughter is on her knees with the amount of assessments she still has to grade( she teaches in FE) with only a week to go. She’s a Primary teacher who couldn’t get a job ( she could now get one no bother) but has settled well in FE after being temporary for 4 years. Make sure you get your extra non contact time so that you don’t end up frazzled. Good luck with the move around-at least you’re in a classroom with plenty of light and fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope your daughter is ok and can hang on that last week

      Delete
  3. Well done. It's nice to be appreciated. Roll on the holidays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so ready for a break!!!

      Delete
  4. For several years the catch phrase at our school board is 'Do More With Less'!! Soooo true! It sounds like you are getting a nice room though. I've been retired for 7 years, don't miss it at all. Last night I ran into an old colleague I worked with. She was telling me that last winter because of all the snow the roof began to leak above their classroom. They didn't come to fix it for over a week and what was originally a fairly small problem had turned into a BIG problem. They had to move out of the room into a conference room, maybe 9"x12", just temporarily, maybe 4 days! This is with 3 staff and 7 autistic/behaviour issue kids!! The 4 days turned into 3 months!! OMG, she said it was a nightmare but nobody cared! The job became a question of containment (don't disturb the rest of the school with 'those' kids running around) and very little educating. I've rambled enough! Your break is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! The last thing ASD kids is needs is a disruption to their routine. Hope your friend is ok. I cannot wait until Friday!!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks