Monday 6 August 2018

Day 8: Cook, Clean, Clear and Create


I had a stay at home day today as I was waiting for a delivery.  Lots of gentle pottering about was the order of the day!  My cook for today was to do something with these forgotten fruit bowl items.  Nothing very exciting, I just cooked and pureed the apples and popped them in the freezer for later use.  The banana got mashed and the lemons sliced and straight into the freezer with them too.


This was the delivery I was waiting for today.  I swapped 2 small armchairs for this sofa with my lovely mum for my family room/den. We are both delighted with our new seating arrangements!  My clean was to dust, polish and hoover this area before it arrived.  You can just see my road bike to the right on my turbo trainer.  It will be relocated.


My clear was sorting out the many bags of fabric scraps donated by my lovely mum's quilting group.  I've started sorting them by colour and then I'll sort them again into sizes.  Some will go to school and some I think I might try to make into a scrappy cushion cover or 2.  I watched a Youtube clip on how to make a crumb quilt.  That was a new technique to me.  I like how it uses up teeny bits of fabric that would normally get thrown out.


My create was a project I've had in my head for ages.  I made a new cushion for my living room.  Details HERE.  I am trying to finish off all the wee jobs and get this room totally finished.  I also stitched more of the squares on my blanket.  I won't wait so long next time to do the sewing together bit!!!

4 comments:

  1. A wee quiltie or some scrappy cushions for your new sofa, perhaps? If that sofa is from M and S it’s the same as ours but ours is expresso brown. My husband hates it and the chair he sits on with a vengeance. Give him a Poang chair and he’s happy! But he’s too mean to buy one when there’s plenty of wear in the one he has. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good spot! The colour is teak. Mum was never happy with it as it has an antique finish. She thought it looked damaged. I rather like the distressed look. Yes, I was thinking of something scrappy and colourful for that sofa

      Delete
  2. You're doing well on this challenge. I didn't know you could freeze bananas! I'm afraid if I'd had one like that it would have gone into my compost heap. I've got tons of fabric, in fact while I was babysitting my grand daughter today she said 'gran, did you keep all of my baby clothes because you have alot'. She'd spotted the box which is normally under the bed which is full of her baby clothes! I was supposed to make a patchwork quilt for her out of them but I've never quite got round to it! She's now 9!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you can freeze bananas whole with or without the peel (although it's messy to remove) or mashed. You can make healthy ice cream by blitzing frozen bananas until smooth.

      Looks like you've now got a wee quilt challenge of your own ;-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks