Tuesday 7 August 2018

Day 9: Just create


Oh dear! I seem to have spent most of today creating these crumb/scrappy squares from the fabric I sorted out yesterday 😂 This one is sort of orangey colours.


This one is navy and blue 


And this one is green (although it looks turquoise on my monitor!!) 


They're very addictive (LOL!!) and easy to make.  They're about 11 or 12 inches and will be trimmed to 10 inches when I quilt them.  They're not ironed yet so look a bit crumpled!

I did give Emma a decent walk and I've been waiting for news all day on the Teenogre's exam results (he did ok but not got into his first choice uni) and DS's girlfriend who had an op (she's groggy but ok) so I don't feel bad for not cleaning or clearing today.  I'm off to the gym now.  I might cook something when I get back.  Or I might not 😉

7 comments:

  1. I've decided when the colder weather comes in I'm going to dig into that giant pile of baby clothes and make something like this. I think I got so caught up in it had to be 9" square I lost the will to do it but now I see I can mix and match, I feel much more inspired! My teenage grandson did well in his exams, thank goodness as he failed every one of the prelims!! It was a worrying wait, but he passed his maths, English and German. Strangely though he got an A for German and C for English. Hubby said to him, 'how is it possible to do better in a foreign language than your own?' lol. We are very proud of him and glad yours did ok too. There's always a worry isn't there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done to your grandson! It's a worry for them making decisions that will affect their future. The Teenogre's first choice engineering course doesn't look like it'll happen but he will still get into another good course.

      Go for it on the quilt! xxx

      Delete
  2. Love a crumb/scrappy quilt and nowadays I just usually back it with fleece with no wadding. I used an I**A fleece for the first time last week and it was fine. I’ll not be buying polar fleece again unless it’s for someone special. They have a great selection of colours just now for about £4 I think. If you need any more scrappy bits, let me know. I have hunners which I’m happy to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tip re backing it with fleece. I'm going try the quilt as you go method as I've also been given lots of wadding. Not enough for a whole quilt but enough to do 10 inch squares. Thanks for the scrappy offer, I'll keep you in mind if I run out :-) xxx

      Delete
    2. Ali, I don’t use any wadding-I just use the fleece and quilt the top and the fleece and then bind it. Quicker, cheaper and lovely to lie under.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm rather pleased with them especially as the bits would genuinely have been thrown out xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks