Tuesday 4 September 2018

Dreams


I mentioned in my last post that I regularly dream about my old house and Vintage Maison also left a comment about a recurring dream of moving back to an old house.  Back in 2010, in the month before I was separated, I had the exact same dream 3 nights in a row.  4 months later (officially separated and divorce proceedings started) this is what I wrote in my old blog.


At the end of August I had the same dream 3 nights in a row.

I'm on a beach with a group of people on my right looking out to sea. I can't see anyone's face but I know them and feel loved by them.


A white yacht sails across the bay, not going out to sea but across the water from right to left. I notice that the yacht's name is HORSE. I turn to the man beside me and ask why it's called HORSE. He takes my hand and laughs. He says 'Alison, you know why it's called HORSE' and everyone else smiles and laughs with him. They're not laughing at me though.


I believe that dreams are significant.  Yes, sometimes they're just a jumble of thoughts and events that your brain has processed in your waking hours. And sometimes it's cos you drank too much alcohol before going to bed!  But since I'm interested in developing my spiritual side further I've taken a closer look at this dream.  And with the benefit of hindsight many of the symbols in the dream are scarily accurate!


Small rowing boats suggest an emotional journey requiring a great deal of effort.  A yacht suggests the same journey but with style (yep that's me!)  The yacht in my dream is sailing across a bay.  It's not really going anywhere and I'm just watching it.  The sea is calm, representing a peaceful existence but we know that those under currents can sweep us away.


The yacht is called HORSE.  Horses in dreams represent the vitality present in the dreamer. A white horse (represented by the white yacht) describes the spiritual awareness of the dreamer. And interestingly in Chinese astrology I was born in the year of the horse.


The people in my dream are obviously known to me but I cannot see their faces clearly.  This doesn't worry me and the man taking my hand is reassuring me.


So what does it all mean?  The dream on its own has several meanings but the fact that I dreamed this dream 3 nights in a row make it deeply significant.  I truly believe my subconscious was telling me something that I wasn't yet aware of in my waking life.  The surface of my life seemed calm and ordered but I didn't want to see what was really happening underneath.  The people on the beach were my support network, holding my hand and telling me that I already had the strength/power/awareness within me to start my journey.


Timing is everything.  I had that dream 1 month before I had the courage to voice my worries and start the journey I now find myself taking.  So why am I telling you about it now?


Yesterday I had one of my aha moments.  Something that has been worrying me suddenly became unimportant.  And last night I dreamed that my white yacht sailed out of the bay.  Seriously.


When I posted this back then I fully expected everyone to laugh about analysing dreams but I was surprised at how many of my friends also had vivid dreams and saw meaning in them.

Anyone have interesting/vivid/recurring dreams??  I have a dream dictionary that could help analyse them 😴

6 comments:

  1. I never remember my dreams, on waking everything is gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH never remembers his dreams either. I remember all of mine!

      Delete
  2. Funnily enough I had a very strange dream last night and today I woke up trying to make sense of it. I dreamt we (no idea who else is there) had to stay in a hotel and it was very hard to get to our rooms, down very narrow alleys, up very steep steps etc. I was guiding my elderly neighbour and worrying how she would get to the room and she had her dog which I was carrying (IRL she is 92 and hasn't had her dog for a good 10 years now) plus it wasn't the dog she used to have. I got her to the room and said I'd take the dog a walk and then the dog disappeared from the dream to be replaced by a baby! I said there must be an easier way to negotiate our way to the bedrooms and set off to find out how. After that I have no idea what happened! It's not a recurring dream, just a one off - I think, but I woke up feeling very confused by it. I do have a lot on my mind at the moment and have been feeling very uneasy so perhaps this is an indication of me not knowing how I can solve it? I think your dream was amazing and how good is it that the boat sailed out to sea! Sweet dreams!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, dogs are a symbol of loyalty and generosity and can represent a person in your life who displays these qualities. A baby means innocence and a new beginnings. A hotel signifies a new state of mind or shift in identity. Your neighbour represents tranquility at home.

      If you've got things on your mind it looks like you're trying to figure out something and need to make some changes to do it.

      Or maybe it's a load of bunkum as my friend Dave would say!!!

      Delete
  3. I dream vivdly most nights but tend not to have the recurrent ones since I retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, recurring ones usually have a work theme!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks