Sunday 24 February 2019

Just painting


Last week at work was hectic with extra after school training and a Parents Evening plus our usual gym nights, so I was glad when the weekend arrived.  Although all I've done all weekend is just painting.  But finally the yellow is all gone!  It took 3 flipping coats of white to cover it.

I've just got the skirting boards and door frames left to paint with Satinwood and OH will replace all the white sockets and switches with brushed chrome ones.  Both should be done next weekend and then I'll think about ordering a new carpet (I get paid this week!!)


In order to save money I was going to paint the floorboards on the half landing to match the stairs but I didn't like the test patch I did.  The gap between them was too wide.  OH suggested I stain them with same dye I've used on the window sills throughout the house.


I think that will work better and as I've already got the dye it's free!!  There will be a rug covering most of them anyway.


The 3rd Simone dress I ordered from Fatface arrived.  It has tiny embroidered tulips all over.  I love it!!


In other news, the new chickens have settled in well!  MarmaLady tries to come into the house every morning when I let Emma out and when I get home from work too! Lol!!

The coming week is another busy one at work *sighs* so I'd better get on with organising myself.  Have a good week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. You're getting there! It will be worth it in the end, then when you sell the house and buy a new one you can start all over again lol. Love that the chickens come in to see you. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Although I'm very sore and very tired tonight after a whole weekend of painting! xxx

      Delete
  2. These things always seem to take longer that anticipated, but you are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did say my completion target was Easter so I'm on track :-)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished room, you have worked os hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked all day for 2 days straight but it was worth it!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks