Saturday 2 February 2019

Snow, elderberries and a wedding invite


It's been a very quick week again.  Snow and ice have hit us but we're well prepared for it in Scotland. The chickens have been enjoying their morning porridge! I did laugh when one of my FB friends down south posted pictures of their snow 'chaos' and someone commented that it was equivalent to a hard frost here!! 😂  I guess if you're not used to harsh weather it can seem dramatic.  I love when the Canadians post their snow pictures!!  They really know how to handle snow!


Once again I've picked up a nasty cold virus *sighs*  It's a running joke at work that I have a permanent cold.  I work really hard at staying healthy so should probably get myself a checkup at the doctor.  If I phone soon I might get an appointment by Easter!!! (seriously, it's impossible to get a GP appointment at my surgery when you're actually ill)  I bought some dried elderberries and will try to drink some elderberry tea every day.  I'm also going to make some elderberry syrup to keep handy too.  Hopefully their immune boosting properties will work on my recurring colds!

I did need some medical attention this week at the Minor Injuries unit this week with a scratch on my eye.  And yep, it's as painful as it sounds.  No idea how I did it other than there must have been something in my eye and I kept rubbing it.  I went there at 9am and was seen by 9.20.  It took a lot of red and then orange dye to find the scratch.  They were very thorough.  Antibiotic drops were prescribed and I was back at work by 10am.  Parts of the NHS do work well.  My eye has slowly improved and today is the last day of using the drops.



And then I got some lovely news.  We received a wedding invitation from old friends that I haven't seen for ages.  I knew them both before they were a couple.  They've been together for 10 years (engaged for 8!) and are finally getting married in June.  My ex husband will be there along with lots of folk I haven't seen for 9 years. Could be interesting!! 😉

2 comments:

  1. I used to take Echinacea from about October to April each year in a bid to limit the number of colds when I was working. That drink looks so warming-I hope it helped you. Lovely news about the wedding invitation and go and enjoy yourselves. You’re such an inspiration in how you have moved on and become very reslient. Hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the elderberry tea has helped and it's actually quite nice. Still feeling a bit 'coldy' but definitely seems to be clearing up quicker than usual :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks