Thursday 4 July 2019

Getting started


So I'm all paid up (£13 a year for the rent!) and the lease is signed.  I went back this morning to find my plot had been strimmed as promised!  I made a list of jobs to do and equipment needed.  First job is to fix the rotten gate post.  I was allowed to take a post from an abandoned plot but I had to wrestle it from a HUGE spider!!!



If I leave a path on each side, a seating area at the gate end and a compost area at back, I still have a veggie patch that is 4 metres wide by 12 metres long for planting up. The tower you see on the Ochill hills in the distance is The Wallace Monument


And facing the other way you can just see a wee bit of Stirling Castle in the top right hand corner.  It's just brilliant!!

I can't put a shed on it as it's part of the communal garden so I need to think outside the box re storing tools.  I have a few ideas I think might work.  Watch this space!

12 comments:

  1. I can picture where you are, I have once been to the top of the Wallace tower, good luck with your plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a fabulous view up there. I did once many many years ago. I wouldn't do it now!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like an awful lot of work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning a wee bit at a time and I'll rope in some helpers too :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a project! I hope you enjoy the work and good luck with your planting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, it's a big project but luckily I've got all summer to get it in order

      Delete
  4. I'm sure the spider fought back well! ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi would you be able to put one of those plastic storage benches on your plot to store some tools in. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered one from B&Q and am collecting it tonight! Great minds... :-)

      Delete
  6. Wow, that looks like a lot of hard work ahead of you but with brilliant views! It will certainly keep you out of mischief and fitter - or flat on your back lol. I can't wait to see how you get on. Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can find mischief in lots of places!! xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks