Thursday 7 May 2020

Another week of new normal


I'm continuing my journey into more environmentally friendly products.  So far the shampoo, conditioner and safety razor mentioned in my previous POST have been rather successful 👍  So I ordered some more products from Peace With The Wild.  I'm trying their dishwasher tablets and dish washing soap with a bamboo brush.  I got a vegetable scrub brush and some natural deodorant.  Plus some vegan honey and a bamboo hairbrush.  I'll report back on how effective they are in time.


I also treated myself to a new coffee machine.  This is something I've been looking at buying for the last year but hadn't seen one at a good price.  I wanted a bean to cup one.    These coffee beans arrived yesterday and the machine arrived today.  I'm testing it tomorrow morning ☕


This surprise parcel arrived from my youngest son and his girlfriend.  A hamper of fine Scottish foods.  It was amazing! 😋 This has fed me for the last 3 days!!


I've had lots of meals that look pretty much like this one!!


Or this one!  Simple GF pasta with Scottish smoked salmon and veg


And finally my 'baby' was 22 on Sunday.  Unbelievably this photo is now 6 years old from when we went to the wedding in Singapore.  Long time readers will remember this POST.  This young man is 1 week away from qualifying as a radiographer.  Like many of his peers doing medical type degrees, he's being fast tracked into his employment with the NHS.  I'm hugely proud and scared in equal measure that very soon he'll be on the front line as a key worker.  His girlfriend is a nurse and she works on a Covid ward.  They are so young to have such responsibilities.

So remember, stay home and stay safe 💗 xxx

5 comments:

  1. Does the new coffee machine actually grind up the beans, then make the coffee? I think I want something like that! I have a Tassimo machine which comes with its own capsules but not very cost or environmentally friendly so I don't use it too often. I will definitely go back and read your post from Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you put the beans and water in then out comes a perfect cup of coffee. I drink black coffee so don't need any fancy milk frother attachments. It's just a small machine so should make enough for for my morning kickstart!

      Delete
  2. It's nice to get a surprise gift now and again isn't it. Your hamper looks lovely. I too would be terrified if my children or their partners were on the front line at the moment. My daughter works in a supermarket and that's bad enough! She's come across a lot of very stupid people! I'm not sure I was reading your blog when you were in Singapore, I will go back and read it now! Enjoy your coffee! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't understand how people can be so rude to key workers. I've been playing with my coffee machine and trying to get it right. Nearly there!! xxx

      Delete
  3. A simple pasta with smoked salmon and vegetables looks very appetizing. I feel like I'm hungry!)))

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks