Sunday 25 April 2021

A beautiful Sunday

 


We've had a run of beautiful sunny days here in Central Scotland just as schools have gone back  although we've also had some below freezing nights too!  I spent yesterday re potting my tomato and chilli plants and weeding my back garden in glorious afternoon sunshine.  I was delighted to find that my 5th asparagus crown has survived and is shooting up a tiny spear already.  The other spears were frost damaged so I had to cut them off.  I hope there's enough growth to keep them going until next year's harvest πŸ˜‹


I'm running out of space to keep my seedlings before they can go outside into my mini greenhouse to harden off.  So this is the current batch in my living room πŸ˜‚ It's only for a few weeks but I think I'm getting quite obsessed with my plants! πŸŒΏπŸ…


I was up sharpish and at the plot bright and early.  Stunning views as always towards the Wallace Monument, Dumyat and The Ochils.


And here's Stirling Castle up on the other side.  Not the best view of it (better from the other side, more castley!) but it still makes me smile.


I'm sore tonight from moving slabs and fence posts, digging trenches for potatoes and filling wheelbarrow loads of woodchips.  Better than a gym workout and free!!  I'm also developing a lovely tan!

I realised I didn't have a pen with me to write in my notepad so I've started noting the planting dates on the notepad function on my phone.  Get me!  I'm finding myself using technology more and more especially at work.  It's now officially known that I'm one of the P1 teachers next session so I now have control of the Transition from Nursery to School online "stuff."  Apparently I'm the admin but as yet I haven't been able to access any of it!! πŸ˜‚ Better brains than mine are 'working on it!'

As it's the summer term I've treated myself to some new clothes, mainly long floaty dresses to keep me cool in my furnace of a classroom πŸ‘— So many people this week commented on how lovely I looked which made me think I must have looked pretty scruffy before!! πŸ˜‚  I haven't set a clothes budget for this year yet.  Last year I hardly spent anything as I lived in jammie trousers with a smart top for those online lessons!!  But I've already bought myself new walking boots πŸ‘’ 2 pairs of jeans πŸ‘– and some nice underwear πŸ‘™ All sensible and much needed but I'm scared to add it all up!! 

6 comments:

  1. A very productive day at the allotment! With such fantastic views and warm weather, I'd be tempted to sit and relax all day! I was a secondary English teacher and can only imagine how different teaching such little tots must be - different stresses, different rewards. Don't beat yourself up over the clothes - you need them so it's not spending for the sake of it. Have a good week, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, definitely needed new clothes rather than wanted new ones :-)

      Delete
  2. You really do have a very scenic allotment. I've got loads of seeds growing in my greenhouse which are getting wrapped in fleece every night still! I had put my peas and leeks out to harden off but it's been so cold I took them back in! Technology is a wonderful thing - once you learn how to use it!! I think given we couldn't buy many clothes last year you should give yourself two years budget this year! I've bought one or two things but no more until I shift the lockdown weight!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the idea of a 2 year clothes budget!!! Especially as I'm replacing holey underwear! When did 'underwear' became so expensive??

      Delete
  3. Gosh I thought i was bad with most window ledges in my flat being covered in seedlings - gone a bit OTT with the beetroot and lettuce myself. love it when veg starts to appear, makes me feel sunny times are on their way. happy planting! gillian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Although we had frost overnight again so sunny times still just out of reach!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks