Saturday 24 July 2021

Wee bee


My dear friend Jane who is my coach/mentor/counsellor is always encouraging me to stop and pause since I have difficulties with meditating!  I have found that the best place for me to stop and pause is on my allotment.

This morning while sitting on the bench on my plot having a pause/coffee break, I watched a wee tiny bee with full pollen sacs try to get through the fence to the nettle flowers on the other side and join her pals. The gentle hum was very soothing and when she succeeded my heart gave a wee leap of joy. Daft but profound nonetheless 🐝

8 comments:

  1. I caught a wasp sucking on one of my raspberries today so not such a happy encounter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not keen on wasps but I have tell myself they have a function in the eco system!

      Delete
  2. Not daft at all. Posts like this are why you are my friend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bees are wonderful. Not so keen on wasps but I love bees.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat for ages and watched loads of them all buzzing happily on the nettle flowers, their wee legs swollen with yellow pollen <3

      Delete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with conventional meditation - just doesn't work for me :(
    However, out in the garden, weeding away to the sound of the bees and birds I get to my own meditative state.
    It's not daft at all. If only more people took the time to sit, watch, and appreciate nature at work like this the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, glad it's not just me!! When I'm in my garden or on the plot, or when I go for a walk, I don't listen to music or podcasts (like some of my friends) I just let the sounds of nature do their thing :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks