Sunday 12 December 2021

Too many tatties!

 


For some reason this morning I found myself with almost 10lbs of unused Maris Piper tatties.  Some of them were starting to sprout!  So it was a use it up kind of morning.  I baked some for the week ahead.  Always useful to have some to either reheat or chop up and sauté with with some veggies for a quick meal.


I parboiled a huge pan for making roast potatoes but then had the brilliant(!) idea of freezing some of them for Christmas Day.  I've never frozen them before so checked out the BBC Good Food website and followed their instructions.  You can rely on Good Food to have a tried and tested method so fingers crossed it works.  Freeze-ahead roasties recipe HERE.  I used GF flour and sprinkled it over them on the tray as my tatties were breaking up a wee bit too much.


I also did trial run of of veggie stuffing by defrosting some Linda McCartney sausages (these ones are GF but not all of them are) and adding them to some GF stuffing mix I bought online.

It tastes rather nice!  Today's Sunday lunch is sorted.  I'll make some gravy and do some veggies to go with the rest of the roast tatties (currently in the oven) and stuffing.  Might even do some Yorkshire puddings too! 😋

6 comments:

  1. Ooohh roast tatties! All sounds good. I've got some toast :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be perfectly happy with a plate full of roast tatties and a jug of gravy to dip them in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get some frozen as well. We didn't get many from our garden as usual but what we did get are starting to sprout as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get many this year either although I think there's still a few in the ground!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks