Wednesday 16 February 2022

More drugs

 


I finally got to speak to the Advanced Nurse Practitioner yesterday on the phone and she prescribed antibiotics again.  I don't like taking them but right now I need to kill off all the nasties in my chest.  I've written before that healthcare and prescriptions are free here in Scotland (obviously paid for through our taxes) so I count myself blessed and lucky to have such quick access to the drugs I need.  Although you have to wait weeks for routine DR appointments so it's not perfect.

One of the things I like about blogging is that I can go back and see when I've written about being ill in the past.  It's an occupational hazard of teaching wee ones that you pick up lots of bugs and viruses.  Most primary teachers have a higher than average count of annual colds etc.  But I'm concerned that in the last 3 or 4 months I've picked up 'bugs' that have floored me and made me take time off work.  And I'm noticing that it's taking me longer to 'get over' them.  That's a big change and apart from the impact of Covid, I need to work out how to boost my immune system again and keep healthy.

Rather fed up that I'm currently tucked up in bed listening to yet another storm brewing (Dudley I think!) instead of getting on with painting my bathroom ceiling.  At least it's only me that sees it!

10 comments:

  1. Hope storm Dudley lets you stay in bed and not looking out for damage.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far just the emptied bins on the street blowing about!! Unless the roof blows off I'm staying put!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly....my sis in law, who taught at primary school for 30 years, was always coming down with something or other. Yes it does sound as though your immune system could do with a boost....I'd say plenty of fresh veg and fruit, but you eat that anyway! My Mum always swore by a bottle of tonic, Sanatogen I think (I assume it was liquid vitamins and minerals), no idea if you can still get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Sanatogen!! I do take a daily multi vitamin and eat a decent amount of fruit and veg but I'm clearly lacking something. It's not just me, many of my colleagues are experiencing the same thing, even the young 'uns!! We've even wondered if we're making school 'too clean' with all the extra sanitising we do. Our bodies can't handle the usual Winter bugs, never mind Covid!

      Delete
    2. There's probably some truth in that, Ali

      Delete
  3. I agree, I never realized how many bugs I picked up from the little ones until I stopped being an Educational Assistant for the schools here.

    I hope this session of antibiotics get rid of all that ails you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, really really fed up with it!

      Delete
  4. The childers are grim grotty share alls! I wonder if anyone ever did the study on how many school staff are ill at half term breaks etc as most people tend to battle on through term time then once you can relax and give in, the germs take over! I hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly right!! Most staff members spend their holidays recovering just to get ready to do it all again. I love my job but it's making me ill

      Delete
  5. Might be worth trying some echinacea tablets. Wishing you a speedy recovery 😊

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks