Saturday 19 February 2022

Resting AND Keeping Busy?

 

Can you keep busy and rest at the same time?  I'm trying to do both!  I've never been one to just sit without a project or book in hand.  I have no option but to rest just now as even going up and down stairs leaves me breathless so I'm making sure I have wee projects on the go.  I've been making more hexies to add to my quilt.  Progress photo as of this morning!  They're laid out across a UK double bed.  All the fabrics were free to me, donated by my lovely mum and her quilting friends.


Some of the fabrics are just scraps, big enough for a 3" hexagon but some are full fat quarters.  No longer wanted for whatever reasons so I got lucky! I'd rather not cut up the larger pieces of fabric just for hexies so they've been waiting patiently for a project.  And I think I've found one in my Youtube browsing!  Karen at Just Get It Done Quilts explains it HERE in 5 Ways to Use Ugly Fabric 😆 The fabrics I have aren't that ugly, they just don't go together.  But I love her design for a quilt that isn't too precious to be used.  It's on my Summer holiday project list now!


I knitted a few more squares for my sock blanket with my leftover sock yarn. I found a stash of them when I was looking through my fabric so need to get those stitched together and take an updated photo of  the blanket.  It's getting big!  I can't remember when I started it but it was definitely in my previous house so at least 8 or 9 years ago! 😲

I knit, sew and plan out my garden and allotment while sitting on the sofa or lying propped up in my bed.  I've not managed a full day out of bed yet for over a week.  I'm just achy and tired and more than a little bit grumpy!!

8 comments:

  1. Ohh, thanks for idea to use up leftover sock yarn. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! There are loads of sock yarn blanket ideas out there, this method of knitting individual squares suits me as I can take my wee needles and a few scrap balls of yarn in a pencil case as my 'project on the go.' Once I have about 20 squares I stitch them together in a strip and add another row to the blanket :-)

      Delete
  2. Good you have lots to keep you busy. I am plowing through the latest "Outlander" book by Diana Gabaldon. It's called "Go Tell the Bees That I am Gone" and is a mammoth 880 pages! But I am almost half way through it and quite engrossed in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess to not watching the series on tv even though it's filmed locally!! I don't read as much as I used to as my eyes struggled with the print size. I should get back into it now I have my varifocal glasses. Although I do listen to audiobooks when I'm pottering about in the kitchen!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Probably not as many as you though!! xxx

      Delete
  4. Those hexagons are beautiful!
    I think you can definitely rest and keep busy. Personally, I can't just sit and watch telly - I have to be doing something with my hands - knitting, cross stitch - something like that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Definitely a scrappy labour of love project but I'm loving making something from fabric that would probably be binned as it was too small

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks