Tuesday 8 March 2022

Starting seeds


I started sorting out my seeds ready to sow.  Thanks to my Covid isolation seed sorting notes (HERE) I knew what needed to be started first.

I plugged in my propagator and warmed it up overnight.  This morning I planted my tomatoes, chillies, sweet peppers, aubergines and tomatillos.  These will all end up in the polytunnel on the plot as they need more protection and heat than our Scottish Summer can provide!


Looking at my notes from last year I can see I'm starting 2 weeks earlier.  I'm trying to be more efficient this year and grow more produce. Finding that wee box of soft fruits in the freezer yesterday has definitely inspired me to get this season started 🍅🍆🌶

6 comments:

  1. Now you have a head start on the growing season, you are ahead of the game! I looked for my rhubarb plants this morning and they are still under a foot of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a tiny shoot showing already in the garden. I've not checked the plot ones yet, maybe pop over at the weekend

      Delete
  2. Not sure when we will start our seeds, probably not until late March as we can't usually plant until the middle to end of May.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't plant out until May as we still get frosts. But I can bring them on in the house until they can go in the polytunnel

      Delete
  3. I'm not even thinking of seeds yet - which is why your veg supplies are so much better than mine. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just starting the ones that take the longest to fruit. Might start some peas too in loo rolls as I have a cold tolerant early variety xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks