Wednesday 6 April 2022

Rainbow colours

 

I spent yesterday and today sorting out some paperwork.  Actually, quite a lot of paperwork!!  The 2 boxes on the right were full plus a few trays and baskets.  I filled 3 black bags of shredded documents! 😲  I'll add some to my compost and use the rest to make paper bricks for the woodburner. 

Throughout my 24 years of married life,  my ex took care of all the paperwork.  I've mentioned before he was an accountant by trade.  He firmly believed in keeping EVERYTHING for 7 years "just in case it was needed."  It's a habit I sort of continued but totally without a system.  I even have an office sized metal filing cabinet!!  It was ridiculous and it was starting to bother me.  So I made a start on clearing out my own paperwork and some of my sons' paperwork I had lurking.

I've reduced it all to just 4 box files in lovely rainbow colours.  In fact, I'm going to order a blue and a purple/violet box to complete the set! 🌈 If I have to have something boring and practical it might as well be pretty!

The box files will sit in the bottom of my living room bookcase which has books sorted by colour (the red, orange and violet ones are just out of sight.)  My (empty!) gin bottle collection is also rainbow themed.  I have been gifted a red bottle but will have to wait until it's owner has finished the gin!! 🍸

8 comments:

  1. That is so fun! I never thought of shelving books by colour - amazing how many blue ones you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rearranged my books during the first lockdown. It was an organising trend on social media at the time. It does mean the genres are all mixed up but I know my books and where they all are. And I have been known to buy a book just for it's beautiful colour! xxx

      Delete
  2. A big job done and I expect you feel a lot 'lighter' now it's sorted. Four (or six) box files takes up less space than an actual office size filing cabinet.

    I have also been sorting out paperwork, not mine but my two grand-daughters. Last year my daughter asked if I would sort out their schoolwork, so being helpful I said of course. Little did I know how much there would be, lol. Carrier bags full of schoolwork, assessments, certificates, reports, photographs, school clubs etc everything they did in school from the very beginning, aged four to the present time aged 11 for my oldest grand-daughter. The problem was, nothing was in date order and a lot didn't have the year, so I had to work that out using old diaries. I did it in stages then handed it back when it was finished only to receive more that they had done during the time I had spent sorting the first lot out. I am just at the end of it now and hopefully will hand them back next week. My youngest grand-daughter will be next, but this should be easier as she's only in Reception. I shall definitely feel 'lighter' when it's gone back to them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!! Definitely lighter! It started when I tidied my bedroom, with a pile of 'important' papers in the corner. My bedroom is much calmer so I kept going and rounded up all the 'piles of important papers.'

      As a teacher I always say to parents if they feel guilty about throwing out schoolwork (my wee P1 kids take at least 5 things home every day!!) take a photo of it and create a digital file of stuff. Keep special things in a folder/box and display current ones.

      I'm actually very organised when it comes to school work. Just the rest of my life is chaos!!!! xxx

      Delete
    2. I like to be organised as I want to know where I can lay my hand on something that I want at the time. I never knew my daughter was like that too, so she must have been advised by their teachers to do the same thing. I intend to do the same for her schoolwork when I've finished the grand-daughters.

      Delete
    3. Forgot to say that there were three foolscap lever arch files FULL when I'd finished for my eldest grand-daughter. A lot of paperwork!

      Delete
  3. So pretty, and what a great idea to always have a rainbow present.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's just the wee things that make you smile. And rainbows make me smile :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks