Sunday 15 May 2022

Too Good to Go gone

 

I forgot to post about my last TGTG bag at the end of April.  It was an M&S bag for £5.  As you can see I got a lot of stuff.  There was: apple juice, cream doughnuts, eggs, beef slices, sour cream dip, mango fingers, smoked salmon and potato salad, luxury fish pie, sushi, Scotch eggs (yuck although my lovely mum ate one), chicken and avocado sandwich, spinach and falafal wrap and a strawberry mousse.  

Full retail price was £42.20!!  Definitely the best bag any of us have bagged so far!

But...

Most of it I shouldn't eat as it contained dairy and wheat.  The apple juice, mango, eggs and roast beef slices were all ok but I ate the rest of it any way 🙄  And I suffered for it!!  My digestive system protested big time, not ideal in the run up to the wedding.

Too Good to Go is a fab idea if you don't have dietary issues.  So I've deleted the app and it's gone.  I can spend £5 wisely at Lidl and get plenty of healthy food my stomach likes.


After yesterday's post about finding stuff in the bottom of my freezer, I emptied it and sorted out what I have in there.  I've made a list so I can plan some meals.  I think I have enough to keep me going all month.  That's going to be my challenge! 

8 comments:

  1. We have a BP garage locally with an M&S food to go, they always give great value, but sadly the bags sell out so quickly, not had one for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. You've got be sitting ready when they go up, keep refreshing the app a few minutes before and hope the fastest finger wins!! And even if you get one they often cancel before you're due to collect it as they've not got any food left

      Delete
  2. Good idea to delete the app. A bargain is only a bargain if it's something you want. Certainly no good eating stuff that's going to upset your digestion just because it was cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep a bargain is only a bargain if it's something you need anyway

      Delete
  3. I desperately need to start using up our freezer contents! We have a big chest freezer and a three drawer freezer in our kitchen, it has a lot of veg and fruit in it from our allotment which has been in there for more than a year or two! Sure if will be fine but really need to start using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love filling mine up but I need to remember to actually use it up!!

      Delete
  4. That was a wonderful deal, but if it bothers your tummy perhaps you did the best thing possible and got rid of the app.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, having a really upset tummy is not worth a good deal!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks