Saturday 25 June 2022

My Summer challenge - 50 days

 


I am now on holiday for the Summer! WOOHOO!! ๐ŸŽ‰ I have 50 consecutive days of not needing to get up and go to school.  And it feels great!

Health wise I'm definitely much better, maybe about 85 - 90% so I'm still being careful not to overdo it.  But I have so much I want to do I need to pace myself.

My Summer challenge is finish off all the projects that I started but couldn't finish due to timing and being unwell.  50 days of finishing! Oh and not to start anything new!!!!

I've started a To Do list that mainly includes things like finish decorating the bathroom and kitchen.  Finish the cardigan I started knitting when I was off work with Covid.  Finish rearranging the rooms vacated by my son and his fiancรฉ when they moved out.  You get the picture.

Today's task is to finish writing the list so I have a firm plan ๐Ÿ˜Š

13 comments:

  1. ooh, I'm so glad I'm not the only person who faces a summer of finishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aware that it is part of my personality to get enthusiastic about starting projects but finishing them is another matter!!

      Delete
  2. Oh I do like a plan and a list, I have a few things I should be doing, but here I am here in blog land, having fun. Enjoy yours days they will fly by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50 days does seem a lot but yep, they'll fly by too quickly!!

      Delete
  3. Great to have a plan for the holidays but don’t make it all work! We’re having a summer at home as DH waits for cataract surgery on both eyes. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope he doesn't have to wait too long. I know a few folk who've had it done but had a long wait

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely lovely project. If you got that list completed then you have achieved Finish #1 ๐Ÿ˜Š Good luck with the remaining 46.

    I make patchwork quilts, and doing the piecing is much more fun and a lot easier than the quilting and finishing. At one point my UFO pile was so huge it was terrifying. I spent an entire year "finishing" and didn't allow myself to start any new projects and it was wonderful. I still remember the feeling of satisfaction & achievement at the end of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My typo's are getting worse. Sorry, that should have been "remaining 49". ๐Ÿคฏ

      Delete
    2. I'm not looking forward to quilting to my hexies but I do love stitching them together. It's not even on the finishing radar yet!!

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful summer break and I love your summer project.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a simple project but very much needed!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I'm spurred on to do some finishing myself, as I've just read Frugally Challenged blog..and writing a list is a good idea.. But have I got a note book big enough for the list as I have an awful lot to finish off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! I do love writing a big list in a big notebook esp if it's a pretty one! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks