Sunday 10 July 2022

Day 16: It's hot out there!

 

We hit the plot early this morning as we knew it would be hot.  It was reading 29 degrees C on my car temperature gauge when we left to go home at 12pm!! 😱 Since I've stupidly pulled my back moving logs in my garage (don't ask! 🙄 ) my Lovely Mum did most of the heavy work.  My main job was watering and holding things!!  But look at the finished second bed now!  2 types of cabbages, 2 marrows and 2 types of  courgettes are happily planted up.  I took a quick photo then pulled the netting back over as there were lots of butterflies floating around! 🦋 I definitely don't want any 🐛 munching them!!


I finally finished the turquoise socks!! 🎉  They're not washed or blocked so look a bit mis-shapen but they're perfectly fine on.  Not really the weather for woolly socks 🧦 but it was good to get them finished and off the needles. 

4 comments:

  1. The plot is coming along very nicely. Love the colour of those socks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a very bright turquoise that doesn't show up in photos!!

      Delete
  2. Wow-love the socks and they will be so cosy in winter. You and your Mum are getting your allotment back into shape nicely especially when the weather is so warm and dry. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard work in the heat but easy to pull the weeds out!! You can def see progress :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks