Sunday 17 July 2022

Day 23: Chatty catch up

 

I've been quiet on here for a couple of days but I've been keeping myself very busy and out of mischief! 😜  I've tried not to over do it on the plot so progress has been slow and steady.  I've actually dug out a bit more since this wee video.


When I'm not digging on the plot, I've been knitting.  After finishing the turquoise socks I knitted 3 more squares to use up the remaining yarn and add to my Sock Yarn Blanket.

I cast on a new pair of socks using some posh sock yarn I bought in 2006.  Yep, SIXTEEN years it's been lurking in a drawer.  It's Lucy Neatby hand dyed pure wool.  These socks will be toasty warm but I can't just chuck them in the washing machine like my others.  These will need to be hand washed 🙄 but they're a really beautiful vivid pink colour and so soft to touch.  I've been knitting them while watching some crime dramas and yep, I broke another needle!!  I'm on Season 2 of Happy Valley and also binge watched Sherwood, both on BBC iPlayer.  Both have some great British actors!

My sourdough starter is still alive and well.  I made another batch of pancakes with it 😋  My first attempt at kombucha (fermented sweet tea) was successful and I'm onto to my second attempt.  I think I'll save the details for a more detailed post.  

I do like the taste of it raw and unflavoured (in the glass) but I thought I'd try a second ferment with raspberries from the allotment.  I'll report back if it works and if it tastes good.

I visited my new(ish) B&M superstore with my new DIL, just to see what it was it like and to see if it had anything I would use.  I knew it had some food but as they were all well known big brands I'd have to do some research to compare prices.  However, I did spot my usual biodegradable teabags with 50% free!  My usual box of 160 costs £3.30 and the 50% free box with 240 cost me £3.75.  A normal 240 box costs £4.80 in Sainsbury's atm.  I'm well stocked up on teabags now! ☕  

I was actually looking for some lidded storage boxes for my new to me craft room unit.  And I found some!  The grey ones with the tags still on them.  This unit will (hopefully) hold all my crafting supplies in one place so I don't end up 'losing' stuff for 16 years in drawers!!  I've taken the black boxes down from my kitchen as I've re jigged the cupboards by getting rid of a lot of 'stuff' in them.  I'm simplifying how I cook and eat so I don't need to keep as much in my storecupboard. That's a work in progress but more on that later in the Summer!

I've ordered a few more storage boxes from The Range, similar in style to the bee one but all different colours to match the funky wallpaper colours!  I hope the idea in my head works out in real life!!! 🧠 You can see the stripped wall behind the unit so there's some progress in finishing that room too 😊

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your new craft space. I gave away lots of fabric a few weeks ago as I was fed up moving it from pillar to post. You’ve done well at the allotment-I just can’t bet on with this hot weather at all. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to have all my craft stuff in one place, all sorted and neatly labelled. I genuinely don't know how much 'stuff' I actually have as it's scattered all over the house. It's too hot to go to the allotment in this weather except to water everything!

      Delete
  2. I really love that pink sock yarn - it's so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colour is Fiery Fuchsia and is vividly pink in real life! xxx

      Delete
  3. That pink/multi sock yarn is lovely ... and I LOVE the idea of a Sock Yarn Blanket. Your feet will match the blanket no matter which pair of socks you choose to wear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that my camera doesn't really pick up colours that well. It's def more vibrant than in the photo! I'll need to find my sock yarn blanket and sew on a few more squares as they're piling up a bit!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks