Monday 17 October 2022

It's all white!



With just 2 days left until the carpets get fitted in the upstairs hall landing and back bedroom, I'm madly painting everything white.  Except the inside of this cupboard obviously!  It's the £5 bargain tin of Plum Toffee I bought ages ago 💜


At some point this bedroom has been mustard yellow, pink, lilac and lemon judging by the layers of wallpaper and paint that I've been removing from all crevices!  This wall took days to remove the thickly painted woodchip wallpaper.


This side wasn't too bad but you can see above the door they only painted up to a certain point and then bizarrely wallpapered the rest.  It's taking many layers of paint to cover up some DIY craziness!  My Lovely Mum is a demon with a paint roller thankfully 💕

I've been so bogged down with DIY this past week (and still recovering from this bug/virus) I almost ran out of some essential supplies.  


I popped down to Lidl at 8.30am this morning and scored a decent £1.50 veg box.  Potatoes, beetroot, shallots, lemon, pepper, aubergine, turnip (swede), cucumber and baby cucumbers.  I currently have a whole chicken in the oven (free range Scottish one for £8.83) with some of the potatoes and the beetroot.  I'll also pop in the pepper and aubergine halfway through so I'm maximising my oven usage.

Better get cracking on another round of white paint! 

14 comments:

  1. Veg box envy :) Nearest Lidl to me is a 61 mile round trip, but I doubt I could carry it on the bus lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! They can be a bit hit or miss here so I was lucky to get a good one today :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're making great progress, it's all going to look great when you've finished
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one day left before the carpets get fitted now so it's a bit crazy here today!! I have to be completely done with paint by tomorrow evening. Eeek!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love the unexpected plum coloured interior of that cupboard. But white is a very sensible choice for everywhere else, it's just so easy to maintain isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White is sensible but it's also cheap!! £24 for a big 10 litre tub

      Delete
  4. Brilliant veg box-I made 14 portions of veg soup yesterday as we felt cold!!! I like white walls as they are so easy to maintain. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep once the walls are white it's easy to touch up or freshen up. Unfortunately we're painting over the bright colours of the 80s and it takes 4 coats of white!!! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I really like the plum colour, gives a pop of what I think of as joy.

    The veg box looks really good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love opening cupboards and wardrobes to find a pop of colour!!

      Delete
  6. Well done on the decorating. Left to myself I would paint everything white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking ahead for when I need to sell. White matches every style of furniture and any colour of soft furnishings. When I was selling my previous house lots of people said it needed too much work (ie painting) as the living room was mustard and the halls and stairs were red. It's stuck with me. My craft room will be colourful though!!!

      Delete
  7. You'll get there - I think white all over is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks lovely and fresh especially as the bedroom is north facing xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks