Monday 31 October 2022

October Spending (Woohoo!)

 


I did it!!  I now have £10,022.60 in my savings account 🎉🎉🎉 When I set myself the target of saving £10k a year for 4 years I thought in theory it was possible.  But I'm still a little shocked I've actually managed the first £10k.

It's not been an easy month (in many ways) but my spending has all been on food/supermarket stuff or DIY/decor materials.  Total spend was £507.06.  With a few bits and bobs still outstanding technically for October, I put £529.66 into my account tonight to take it over the £10k.

That's equal to at least one year's retirement money.  I'm rather chuffed with myself 😊

14 comments:

  1. Well done and you are right to be pleased! The one thing I spend very little on in retirement is clothes. Clean, tidy and wearing preloved clothing is my aim. No more expensive hair colours since March 2020. The interesting thing is that I now wear out footwear as I walk whenever possible. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've already decided I'm no longer buying new clothes (just underwear) but will buy decent shoes/boots as I'm on my feet all day. Not coloured my hair since pre pandemic and it's just a shoulder length bob, easy to maintain with a good cut once or twice a year.

      Delete
  2. Great job and you still have a couple of months left to save this year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep still got 2 months left so I'm excited to see what I can do by 31st December!!

      Delete
  3. that's brilliant, you have inspired me to try this next year, well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So happy I've inspired someone :-)

      Delete
  4. Well done, it's not easy saving these days
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm fortunate to have a good paying job and a low cost lifestyle. I know that's a rare thing atm and I do consider myself very lucky

      Delete
  5. Well done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great result especially with the financial challenges we're facing! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril! It was worth all the planning and recording this year. Not sure how I'll do next year though with all the increases xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks