Friday 4 November 2022

It's a sign

 

It's been one of the most challenging weeks of my 35 years teaching career.  I don't know if the 2 weeks holidays plus Halloween plus me being out of class to do training things plus having a student has sent my kids craaaaaazy!!!!  I've almost been in tears twice and I NEVER cry.  I've had crying parents who can't cope with their kids at home and had 2 hysterical colleagues in my classroom.  And it's not even a full moon! 🌕

I came home tonight in a foul mood and opened up my emails to find an invite to apply for celebrant training with the Humanist Society.  I checked back through my emails and I originally enquired in March 2020.  I never heard back so thought it wasn't meant to be.

I'm taking it as a sign that it's something I would be able to do if I retired! So of course, I'm applying! 

10 comments:

  1. A lovely way to end a crazy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, really crazy week so I was very pleased :-)

      Delete
  2. Please do apply, Ali. It was something I considered when I retired but I became so involved in various volunteering roles that I never did it. There are a plethora of retired teachers and police officers who train. Guess both professions are so used to public speaking and showing empathy that it makes them a good choice for the role. I am told by a friend who trained that it can also provide a good income.Good luck-it is definitely a sign of things to come. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely applying although no guarantee that I'd get a place on the training course. I've watched many celebrants over the years and thought I could do that! It would be a nice supplement to my teeny tiny pension!

      Delete
  3. Definitely apply.

    Sorry that you had such a crazy week. Hopefully when you go back nest week things will be so much more settled.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've put a few measures in place so hopefully that will help with some of the challenging behaviours. Unfortunately we begin rehearsals for the Nativity this week so singing Christmas songs isn't going to help!!

      Delete
  4. Halloween gets kids whipped up into a whirl of excitement, it's everywhere you look. I wish that it could be dialled down to a background hum rather than the full on sensory overload that its become

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's become a full commercial experience targeted at kids. All the sugar doesn't help either!! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Goodness, sounds like you were really stretched! Good for you on the Celebrant training, sounds like an excellent thing to train for
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was what we call in education speak a "challenging behaviour" week!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks