Sunday 6 November 2022

I'm never doing that again!

 

As well as painting 2 rooms, removing an old carpet, moving furniture about and generally getting my son's flat ready to go on the market, I decided to also finally lay the vinyl floor tiles in my upstairs bathroom.  They were a pain!!!!  It might have been the cheapest option but holy moly there isn't a straight wall in the whole room.  I had to cut more than half of them to fit all the corners.  I'll need to add some sort of trim to hide the ugly cut edges 🙄

And the floor itself wasn't flat either!! 🙄  But they're down and look ok for now but I'm not doing that again.  If they start coming off I'll get a professional in to lay laminate flooring!!

Even with the help of my Lovely Mum, that was too much work for  a weekend.  Especially in the midst of a challenging period in school.  But I have to get the flat on the market asap as the market is about to crash and I can't afford to lose money on it.  Fingers crossed it goes live online later this week! 🤞

12 comments:

  1. You are very brave tackling these jobs - I really admire your versatility when it comes to handling tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a go at most things. Worst case scenario is I have to call in an expert to fix it :-)

      Delete
  2. They look pretty good to me - I wouldn't have even attempted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job by you and your Mum. You are right about the market and speed is of the essence.Our friends are moving in three weeks time to a flat that has been used since new as a buy to let-they are thrilled to find a ground floor flat which is ready to move into. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there will a flood of flats available as landlords offload their buy-to-let properties they can't afford any more. So I'm trying to get in quick!!

      Delete
  4. You are doing so well in the face of these challenges. I hope this week goes better for you.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hanging on for dear life atm!!

      Delete
  5. The floor looks awesome and adding a bit of trim around the edges will make it perfect. You did well. We don't really have any straight walls in our home either. It drives Harvey crazy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It just makes the job harder!!

      Delete
  6. Well done on the floor. It looks great. Fingers crossed you do well with the flat sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Paperwork has been completed so we're good to go

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks