Saturday 24 December 2022

Plans, pah!

 

Long term readers will know I've had to adjust and change my plans many many times over the years.  That's ok, it makes life interesting!! I heard yesterday that I didn't get a place on the celebrant course.  It was a generic email that basically said they had too many applicants but I could apply again in the future.  There are other training courses I could do so that door isn't closed.  I'll have a ponder over the holidays and see how I feel.  And make a new plan!

My B&Q delivery arrived on time with 2 very cheery guys who both had black labs so Emma was getting a lot of attention.  I'd cleared the 'craft' room so the boxes could be stored inside and not in the cold garage.  I'm hoping to get more 'stuff' sorted out during these holidays so the mini kitchen/utility room and craft room could be completed by the end of January if I get a move on.

Our Christmas dinner tomorrow will be low key.  I've taken food out of the freezer this morning to defrost and I'm so pleased to see all the yellow stickers.  I did splash out on the main meat and fish bit but all the trimmings are definitely done cheaply.  Can't wait! 😋

How ever you're spending your Christmas, have a lovely day! 🎄🎅🍲🍴🍸

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about the training course. Hope you soon find a new plan.
    Have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good at re making plans by now!! Have a lovely Christmas Sue :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. That’s disappointing about the celebrant training course but another door will open I’m sure. We will celebrate quietly as our only child and her husband went off to Fuertaventura this morning as always. We are 51 years married today (first day of the school holidays in 1971) and we have spent it preparing a simple meal for tonight and cooking the turkey breast joint for tomorrow. Have a peaceful and restful festive break.x Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are other ways to becoming a celebrant so I'll do my research. Just annoyed/disappointed as they contacted ME in the first place. And I was not impressed with the tone of their email either! Have a lovely Christmas Catriona :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. That's a shame. You would think that anyone running courses for people who need to show both empathy and professionalism in difficult situations would be very conscious about their choice of their words. Have a lovely Christmas, Ali. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They more or less said don't ask us for feedback as there are too many of you and we won't even acknowledge your query. I did think it was rather odd. Also miffed that a condition of applying was to become a member so if they had well over 100 applicants, we all paid just to apply. Wondering if that was my best route in any way. Have a lovely Christmas Tracy :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. It's sad about the course but another door will open, I am sure. In the meanwhile, wishing you and yours a wonderful and happy Christmas . Thank you for your posts this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are indeed many doors!! Have a lovely Christmas Joy! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks