Saturday 31 December 2022

Vouchers, points and bonuses

 

I was woken up early this morning by an unexpected delivery.  I say unexpected as it was meant to arrive next week some time.  6 bottles of prosecco from my 'wine club.'  A few years ago I used a voucher that gave me £50 off a box of 12 bottles of wine.  Without realising, this meant that I was automatically 'signed up' to a 'wine club' and a monthly payment had been set up using the credit card I used 🙄 It took me a while but I worked out out how to pause the payments when I wanted and built up a nice balance that I could use at Christmas to buy wine for gifts (and to drink of course!) It was also convenient as you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets before 10am in Scotland so my early visits to avoid the crowds meant I couldn't buy wine.

So at the start of this year I paused the payments as usual but a few had managed to slip through.  They also give you 'bonuses' and vouchers every now and then.  As I've been going through all my spending this year I found that I still had £75 in my account!  So I logged on to see if I could get anything and found this 6 bottle deal and still have a wee balance left.  Free delivery plus they'll leave it in my safe place if I'm out.  Excellent!  I now have 6 bottles of lovely fizz (not free but feels like it!!) to gift in the coming year.  

I'm planning to make some fabric bottle bags and I'll reuse some bags I already have in my stash.  I'm also planning to make some liqueurs using up the fruit still lurking in my freezer.  I could fill wee bottles and gift with the fizz to make a cocktail! 💡 I'll add a wee recipe gift card to the bag.

It made me wonder how many vouchers/points I've accumulated in other places.  I've got £40 worth of points available on my Nectar card, I've got 101 Tesco clubpoints (worth £1!!) and the M&S credit card that I use for everything usually earns me a £3 to £5 voucher per quarter.  I've got a plan for the Nectar points 😉 so I'll report back on that next week hopefully.

I also asked for M&S vouchers for Christmas.  As I'm not buying any new clothes in 2023 I will probably need new underwear at some point!  Thanks to my Lovely Mum 😘  My sister gave me a Dobbies voucher so that's earmarked for seed potatoes or onion sets in the Spring!  Thanks sis! 😘


I had some leftover mashed potatoes so made a big batch of tattie scones to use it up.  I say leftover but I always make more than I need any way! Recipe HERE

And Emma has picked up a nasty doggy virus that gave her bloody diarrhoea 💩 Normally I'd just give her scrambled egg or chicken and rice for a few days but the blood made me take her to the vet.  £105 later plus a ton of drugs and she's feeling a bit better today.  I just need to deep clean my cream carpet again...

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor Emma and poor cream carpet!
    Those are great ideas for money saving gifts and I'll definitely be trying your recipe for tattie scones x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a bit better today so fingers crossed. Tattie scones are delicious!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I almost fell for that wine club offer the first time I got a voucher in something else that I ordered, but I pulled out just in time.

    Making too many potatoes when you make mash is virtually compulsory isn't it, so useful and if nothing else comes to mind I have a big bowl of soothing mash with extra butter after a quick zap in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with a bowl of buttery mash, proper comfort food! xxx

      Delete
  3. Tattie scones with cheese-yum! The only time I buy M and S food now is when I need to use my vouchers as I pay for everything with my card! We don’t do a special meal tomorrow any more so DH has decided he’ll have fish tomorrow and I’ll have one of my home made ready meals from the freezer. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I only buy it when I've got vouchers! I'm just doing my usual Sunday meal but do have a wee venison joint I'll chuck in the Crockpot xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks