Sunday 26 February 2023

Another weekend of recovery


I've spent yet another weekend just recovering from my work week.  It's made me even more certain I've made the right choice to retire! 😊  I've been watching Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime while knitting.  I've now finished both sleeves.  I'm not sure if I've made them wide enough for the more jacket like cardigan image I have in my head.  I might add a wee extra strip down each one to make it wider if I need it.  I'll see how the rest of it knits up.  But I'm happy with the effect so far 😊

I didn't need to make soup this weekend for the week ahead (thanks to last week's mega soup batch cooking!) so I made a big veggie lasagne instead to use up the leftover veggies at the bottom of the fridge!  That will do me and my DIL tonight and I'll have several portions leftover to freeze. I made a wee lasagne with some minced beef from the freezer (cooked and frozen weeks ago) for my son.  And we're having a rhubarb crumble for dessert, using up rhubarb frozen last year.  I think it's the last batch.  There are a few bags of plums and just 1 tub of blackcurrants left.  The fruit I froze last Summer has kept me going throughout the Winter!

This week we're on strike for 2 days, Tuesday and Wednesday.  There's also a rally at the council HQ to protest the lack of action on resolving the issues.  I was asked if I wanted to address the rally but I don't think I will.  I might get carried away and be a bit too honest!!!  I don't want to put pressure on myself by agreeing but I'll see how I feel on the day.

12 comments:

  1. I love how your jacket/ cardie is knitting up-it will be such a joy to wear in retirement. Are you not exempt from strike action now that you have given notice of your retirement? If you could be brave and address the rally it would be good to tell everyone why you have had to give up a job you love before it ruins your health. Good luck whatever you decide. Dinner sounds lovely especially as it’s really chilly today. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not exempt from anything!! And dinner was delicious with lots of leftovers to last a few more days! :-)

      Delete
  2. WintersEndRambler26 February 2023 at 17:45

    Eldest daughter stepped down from teaching to be a classroom assistant. Less pay, but no planning! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her! I just want to walk away completely from education :-)

      Delete
  3. Probably best to keep a low profile at the rally - that's what I'd do anyway. Lasagna sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might not even go as I'm home today full of a rotten cold. My stage partner also has it so probably long lie and staying indoors tomorrow :-)

      Delete
  4. I like that knitting very much indeed - it will look great!
    Lasagne - mmmmmmmm.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's looking very colourful so far!! LOL! Lasagne was delicious :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. Love the colours in your sweater!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I finished the 2 fronts last night and will work on finishing the back now. Then I need to think about putting it together :-)

      Delete
  6. That Jack Ryan is a good show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished season 3 now. Not sure if there are any more but if it's not free to me on Prime I'll need to wait until it is! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks