Tuesday 21 February 2023

People said nice things

 

Well,  I told everyone at work yesterday that I was retiring.  It seems it was a bit of a surprise to most people but everyone (almost) said really nice things and wished me well.  Many people said I would be really missed which was lovely.  A few folk said they were jealous!!  I was honest with my headteacher and told her I was burnt out and had nothing left to give especially after the inspection.  I'll also be letting my union know that too!

I popped into Morrisons on the way back from dropping off my son at work tonight.  My DIL was with me and we looked for bargains!  They have random shelves of reduced stuff all over the store so it was like a treasure hunt!  I got some flowers reduced from £6.99 down to 70p.  Lilies are my favourite!

My DIL got some gorgeous red roses reduced from £5.99 to 60p!  She also got some yellow stickered cheese, cooked ham and a pizza.

I got a jar of lamb gravy granules reduced from £3 to 25p.  Gravy is gravy so any meat flavour works for me!  It's still months in date.

I didn't get my non contact time today as the teacher who covers me and my stage partner was off with flu.  It seems there's yet another bug/virus doing the rounds plus a wee vomiting outbreak in some classes 😷🤮 

Definitely will not miss the bugs, viruses and germs!!!!

16 comments:

  1. I hope your headteacher really does take note of what you said.

    You were definitely in the right places at the right times, weren't you?
    Lovely flowers.

    Do you think you will do some tuition? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think I will do any tuition. I'm completely done with all aspects of the job. If I do anything it will most likely be in retail :-)

      Delete
  2. Well, that's another step in the right direction, Ali. I'm sure you won't regret this momentous decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers. I should hope everyone said nice things, very rude if they didn't in my opinion.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some said congratulations or lovely news. Some people (esp my work besties) said I'd be a loss to the school which was nice :-)

      Delete
  4. Well done. It must feel even better now that everyone knows. Not picking up every bug that goes round the school will be a massive benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep feels good everyone knows now. I'm starting to get some teasing about it so I know it's been accepted :-)

      Delete
  5. You definitely won't miss all the bugs that the 'little dears' like to spread around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s good that your colleagues know you are retiring from teaching at the summer and I hope your HT and the LA appreciate the length of notice you are giving. Enjoy your lovely flowers. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving them plenty of notice because I'm a P1 teacher and I know how important it is to begin the transition process for the wee ones in Nursery who will start in August :-)

      Delete
  7. I retired early, it was a great feeling once my notice was given, now for your real plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many plans I'm quite giddy with excitement!! :-)

      Delete
  8. It's good that everyone knows now, and I bet quite a few of them went home wondering if they could do the same. It's good that you told the headteacher why as well, hopefully it will be noted somewhere.

    Good bargain hunting, that gravy was a really good deal. Perhaps it's time to make bargain hunting a regular thing now and really stock that pantry for the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few folk have been shocked when I told them my pension is rubbish (they asked!) and were surprised I was still going to retire any way! Some said it has made them think.
      I might go back for more of the gravy granules as their use by date is actually June 2024!!! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks