Friday 17 February 2023

133 days

 

I counted.  It's 133 days until the 30th of June and my last day of teaching ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿพ  The countdown has officially begun!! 


Meanwhile, yesterday and today I made 14 mugs of soup for the freezer for my work lunches.  Got to keep meal prepping to save money and eat healthily!  7 mugs of chicken and rice soup (using the last leek from my garden) and 7 mugs of carrot and lentil soup (using up the last of the veg lurking in the fridge!)


I also sliced up a £1.99 Lidl sourdough rye loaf and froze it too.  Soup and a chunky slice of crusty bread is an easy work lunch.  The bread isn't GF (or cheap) so I'll use it sparingly!

I've told my immediate family my plans but I haven't yet told my work besties.  I'll speak to them over the weekend before I go public next week.  They'll not say anything until I tell my Headteacher on Monday.

It's all a bit real now ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

13 comments:

  1. When you go bak to work on Monday, list the number of teaching days you have until 30th June and lower that number every day until you finish. It definitely cheered me up on the count down to finishing. Also, I assume you will give your last day as the day before the school goes back in August as your actual finishing day in your resignation letter. Great prep of soup and bread ready for lunches. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll wait until the Easter holiday to do an actual teaching days left list and yep, I'll be retiring on whatever day maximises my summer holiday pay! :-)

      Delete
  2. Lots of time yet to adjust to the idea of living in retirement. The time will go fast, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! It still seems a while away :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow - all those mugs. What a fab idea to freeze it in that way.
    Loving the countdown - I feel excited for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay .... the countdown has begun. You need something on your kitchen wall so that you can come home and ceremoniously rip off a page every night after school. Maybe the back of an old pad or something that you can write numbers on.

    That mug collection is to be commended. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DIL says she's going to get me a countdown plaques as a gift! I'm not doing a big countdown until after Easter. The issues in my class will still be there when I go back on Monday. I'm waiting to see what will happen off the back of our inspection.
      Some of the mugs are scratched and ancient but as long as the seal still works I'm using them! :-)

      Delete
  5. That's very exciting:) That Lidl sourdough looks tasty - I'll have to give it a go next time I'm in there
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tolerate small amounts of sourdough bread without too many 'side effects' IYKWIM!!! Lidl's artisan breads are much cheaper than other supermarkets so a little goes a long way for me. And it's only 132 days now :-)

      Delete
  6. The mugs are a terrific idea. Glad you can eat a bit of bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mugs are the Sistema ones which explains why they've lasted for years. They cost £5 each atm but the Tesco own label ones are £1.50, bargain! I also use them for single portions of bolognaise sauce etc hence the need to label correctly!! :-)

      Delete
  7. Really not that long now. Now the time will pass swiftly. Love the mugs for your soup.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks