Friday 19 May 2023

It's not over yet!

 


The saga continues!  The phone calls, texts and emails demanding money have finally stopped.  But 2 days ago I got this bill demanding payment of 64p!!!! For a single day back in May 2020.  WTAF!!!!


And today they sent me a refund cheque for £65.43 😮  Despite them agreeing I never owed them any money and they don't owe me any money because I never had an account for that period in the first place!!!!  My son still hasn't been sent a bill to repay the refunded £2,578.47 they put in his bank account 🙄🙄🙄

I fear this saga is going to rumble on and on and on...

I've been working on my garden to get it ready for the garden party so my plot hasn't had any extra time.  But this morning I noticed that so far (without too much input) I've got potatoes, onions, rhubarb, blackcurrants and gooseberries all quietly doing their own thing.  I need to get over more regularly to get the grass/weeds down before they take over my paths!  

There's a shortage of woodchips that most of the plot holders used to create weed free paths between their beds.  Apparently local tree surgeons and landscapers now get £100 per ton from the council for their wood chippings instead of giving them to us for free.  So a few of us are trying out grass paths instead. My paths are too narrow for the site lawnmower so I bought myself a lightweight cordless battery powered strimmer to cut it back. Never used one before so that'll be fun figuring out how to use it! 😂😂

10 comments:

  1. Unbelievable!! No more words.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have words but they're sweary!!! Lol! :-)

      Delete
  2. What!!! Just plain crazy. Hope that things get straightened out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to hope it will in the end! :-)

      Delete
  3. We used to have woodchip paths on our plots, but have let them fill in with grass and weeds. Quite a few are too narrow for the mower and our strimmer does a good job. I posted a few photos of our plots a couple of days ago where they can be seen. Letting them fill in reminded me of growing my hair... awful at that in-between stage but if you stick with it, it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped over to your blog to have a look. Your plot looks great! :-)

      Delete
  4. I Don't Believe it! (as someone once said)

    I've got a lightweight battery strimmer - works a treat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a wee play with it and I'm loving it so far! :-)

      Delete
  5. Lightweight strimmers are brilliant, I used to love using mine at the caravan. The saga is continuing in the weirdest way, it's so frustrating isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's fast becoming my favourite gadget!! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks