Thursday 11 May 2023

Plant Power

 


I 'think' after another full week of phone calls and emails, the Scottish Power saga is resolved.  I spent 1 hour and 52 mins on a single call yesterday being bounced between departments with every single person I spoke to agreeing this should never have happened.  I then had to follow up with another 34 min call to get the final bit done.  That's the hugely abbreviated version!!!!  Basically someone/something attributed past already paid bills to my closed account on 3rd April and refunded 2 years worth of direct debits to my son.  Totally their error but no one knows how it was even technologically possible.  

So I've had it confirmed that I don't owe them any money, the account is closed and they've promised to take my name and number off their list (already had a phone call and a text today so not holding my breath on that yet!!)

And of course there's a punchline...

When I checked my account this morning, it's over £600 IN CREDIT!!!!!!!!! 😲😲😲

To cheer myself up I've been buying plants, bargain plants!!  I got 2 trays of 6 violas in Dobbies for £1 each.  They just needed watering.  And some half price ones in B&Q! I got 2 dahlias, 2 impatiens, 2 snapdragons, 2 marguerite daisies all £2 each and a dianthus for £1.50.  The lady at the till said thanks to wet Bank holidays they had too many left hence half price even though they're not the usual sad bargain corner specimens.  I deliberately chose ones that flower from now right through the summer so they'll be in full bloom for my garden party 😊

Plant power beats Scottish Power any day!!

13 comments:

  1. I'm not looking forward to having a problem with Scottish Power after your story. Fingers crossed it hasn't happened yet but you never know.
    Hope you eventually get it sorted properly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I think it's sorted out another issue pops up! This afternoon they called me to arrange returning my credit. You honestly cannot make this up!!!!! I am never ever using Scottish Power again!

      Delete
  2. You might not want to make contact again after what you've gone through but I had trouble closing an account with Octopus Energy and asked for compensation. They agreed £50 but then didn't sort the problem out and upped it to £100. Worth asking for compensation for all the hassle you've had?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once my son has sorted out the repayment of his refund I'll be officially complaining and asking for compensation!! Mistakes happen and I'm fine with that. It was the relentless hounding for payment of a non existing debt that was the major issue for me.
      Glad you got some compensation from Octopus!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree, mistakes happen but the hounding of you is terrible. With Octopus is was the inefficiency of them sorting it out and the time involved in explaining it each time to a new person by phone and email - over three months. Hours wasted and time is precious. Good idea asking for compensation. I'm surprised they haven't offered it. Looking back I think Octopus offered me £50 and then they increased it to £100. But if they hadn't have offered I'd have asked.

      Delete
  3. Keeping my fingers crossed that all is straightened out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my bit is finally sorted out but still not holding my breath!!

      Delete
  4. I think it’s the sheer frustration of doing all these transactions on the phone that makes it all worse. Your experience with Scottish Power ( who I believe are now a Spanish company?) is one of the worst I have heard. Once it’ s finally sorted I would certainly hope you will receive compensation. We were Bulb but recently were transferred to Octopus after the power companies debacle.
    Fingers crossed all your bargain plants will flower for your party! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd been at work during the last few weeks I wouldn't have had the time available to sort it out. The customer services are only open Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm. I wouldn't be able to stay on a call averaging 40 mins most times during my break or lunch. And I'd only have a short window after school as despite appearances teachers still have to do work after the kids go home.
      I checked all the flowering periods before I bought the plants to make sure they would be in bloom at the right time!! :-)

      Delete
  5. So pleased this has been sorted at last - the plants are lovely x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the surface it seems to be sorted at my end but my son still has over £2,500 in his bank account!!

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed the matter is closed now. How stressful for you. The plants are beautiful, great buys.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks