Tuesday 27 June 2023

After the party's over

 

I don't think I mentioned that one of my colleague's husband has set up a wee photography business.  He's very good so I asked him to take photos of my party.  Just informal ones and a few posed.  He sent 171 photos today!  Here are my work besties who organised it all for me.

One of my favourite photos! 💕


Another favourite one of my Lovely Mum, 2 of my sons, my DIL and my future DIL 💕


I'm not crying, I'm laughing so hard as they're singing to me!  They changed the words from "I will survive" to "I will retire" and included all the things I've done at school.  It was hilarious!!! 😂

And my gorgeous Emma who was the star of the show 💕

I went to the Leavers Assembly this afternoon where I was presented with a lovely peace lily in a blue pot which will go nicely in my bedroom.  I cleared out the last of my personal belongings from my classroom, hugged all my kids and handed back my key fob.  I'm officially done with school 🎉

I picked some strawberries from the garden tonight and thought yep, I'm looking forward to my retirement now 😊

18 comments:

  1. You'll have an amazing time. Shall look forwards to reading about all that you get up to! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy a long and happy (stress free) retirement. Photos were lovely and will be lovely to look back on in future. You could make a little album up, that can start you off with retirement hobbies lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the idea of a wee album or maybe one of those books you can get printed with your own photos :-)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your retirement. I like how they changed the song just for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really funny and a bit special :-)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations and best wishes for your new life. I have found retirement very busy😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got plenty to do so will never be bored :-)

      Delete
  5. These events can be hard to handle but they are a great way to place the full stop and start a new paragraph - or even a new paragraph - or book.
    You are going to have an amazing time . . . I know that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll have half your energy and be able to do all the things I want xxx

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the ‘new world’ where you can be your own boss and do exactly what you want whenever you please 🙏. Enjoy it all. Jan in Castle Gresley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I absolutely cannot wait until Friday!! Because I've been off ill I've been quietly going about my business and avoiding places where I know I'd meet parents. Looking forward to doing exactly what I please now! :-)

      Delete
  7. Wishing you the best of life in retirement! I couldn’t believe how my world opened up after I stopped work - the stresses and strains of commuting, not to mention the actual work were really dragging me down. Now that you’re officially retired the world is your oyster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had a bit of a practice run while being off so I'm ready to hit the ground running!! :-)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on a wonderful career and the prospect of an even more wonderful 'retirement'. Those photos are lovely, at least a few of them deserve to be framed and on your walls. The days ahead are yours to choose what you do with, exciting times ahead for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'll definitely be putting a few up on the wall somewhere :-) xxx

      Delete
  9. A book of the photos was be a lovely keepsake and they really are great photos. You won’t feel properly retired until your colleagues go back in August. I hope your energy levels will continue rise as your body and mind realise that school’s out forever for you. Catriona❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My official date ie the day I stop getting paid (eek!!) is Sunday13th Aug so I'll not feel retired until then. I won't get that sinking Sunday night feeling any more :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks