Tuesday 28 November 2023

Business as usual (slowly)

 

I had already booked Luna in for puppy day care today before I fell so I could start on the wallpaper.  Obviously that's not happening but I took her this morning any way.  She'll get tired out nicely and I'll get a break.  The bruising on both hands is yellowing nicely πŸ™„ The fractured left one is still sore but I can still do most things one handed.  Opening jars, bottles etc is impossible though.  And I struggle to pull the light cord in my bathroom.  Wee things like that are annoying.  But on the whole it's business as usual albeit more slowly! 🐌

Even though the heating is on, it's been cold enough to need the wood burner on as well.  Luna wasn't too sure at first.  There was a lot of barking!! She eventually decided it was ok but she still kept a close eye on it πŸ”₯

Then in the end decided it was probably safe enough to lie sleeping next to it! πŸ˜‚

I managed to make butter yesterday so I have some buttermilk to use up.  I'm going to try make scones with one hand! πŸ˜‚ And I'll start a sourdough loaf.  After that I might watch a crappy Christmas movie to get me into the mood and start and planning Christmas! πŸŽ… My son and his fiancΓ© already have their tree up!! πŸŽ„

I'm just really looking forward to a slightly calmer day 😊


10 comments:

  1. Slow but sure I'm guessing! Luna is stretched out in front of the woodburner just like our lab girl.
    Take care x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Lab thing! Every dog I had as a child loved to lie with their noses as close to the open fire as they could. At least it's safer with the woodburner!!

      Delete
  2. Your room looks so cosy! No wonder Luna is relaxed and enjoying the wood burner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs and fires seem to be a good combination!

      Delete
  3. Your room does indeed look lovely & cosy. Luna looks so comfy. Our pup loves our woodburner but takes himself away when he gets too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's still learning about it being hot!!

      Delete
  4. Love the photos of Luna at the wood burner. Glad that your wrist is healing although it must be so frustrating when you had work on the house planned. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's progressed to putting her head on the hearth now! I'm just so annoyed I can't get on with 'stuff'

      Delete
  5. Growing into a proper dog then, she'll soon be on the hearth keeping a proper eye on it. When we used to dog sit a friend's lurcher we were always having to drag her off the hearth to put fuel on the fire. The looks of resentment we got were hilarious.
    Hope your wrist improves rapidly. It must be frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's as tall as Emma now but skinny with long lanky legs! Wrist is still sore so I'm being careful whilst trying to do 'stuff'

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks