Sunday 31 December 2023

Hogmanay 2023


It's Hogmanay and a time when everyone reflects back on the year that has passed.  2023 certainly threw a lot at me and my family!  It was not the year that I had planned!!

I started the year off by being ill, my school got inspected and I decided that I'd had enough of the bureaucracy of education.  I then became even more ill and was signed off for several months before officially retiring early at 57 at the end of the academic year.

My Lovely Mum took ill very suddenly and I spent most of the Summer back in my childhood home.  My garden and allotment were sadly neglected although they produced a small of edible produce.

I impulsively bought a puppy (although it was in my long term plan of retirement) and she has taken up a lot of my time and money to get her healthy after a nasty puppy illness.  Here she is watching the snow falling yesterday ❄❅❆

So even though this year hasn't quite gone to plan, I still made it!  I'm even more grateful for my health now (physical and mental) and it will continue to be my number one priority next year.  I need to be in the best shape for all the changes 2024 is bringing to me and my family.

Happy New Year to all my lovely readers wherever you are and may you enjoy peace in 2024 💕 xxx

28 comments:

  1. Same to you Ali - yes it's certainly been a challenging year for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here's to a better 2024!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. Let's wish for all events in 2024 to be happy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's my wish for us all :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with the Grinch on the new year terms and conditions 😄
    I've enjoyed reading your posts throughout 2023 - here's to a healthy, happy 2024 x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! I'm always surprised so many people seem to like my ramblings :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. happy new year to you and all your family, i look forward to hearing your news next year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are a few big life changes already planned but it's the unexpected stuff I need to be ready for!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. This past year has treated a lot of us pretty badly, but you seem to have been picked up and rattled until your teeth shook. Hopefully you can go into 2024 with better health, happy, healthy dogs and a happy family. Wishing you all the very best for the New Year. Enjoy Hogmanay ... Alan does. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I'll be in my bed by half 10 as usual!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Ali, hope it's a better one for you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 2024 Ali and hopefully you can start to enjoy your retirement fully. You have a wedding to look forward too and possibly a house move so take care of yourself as much as possible now in preparation. We’re very dull Scots who don’t wait up for the bells. I enjoy your blog and hope you will continue to write in 2024. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think once I move retirement will begin in earnest. I won't be waiting up for the bells either :-) xxx

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year.My brother in law died on the 27th so we have a funeral to arrange.Not the best start to the year.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope 2024 is a better year for you in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's hoping that 2024 is a good year for you and your family. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year! Wishing you health, joy, and contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, here's to better health, joy and future plans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Continued strength and happiness in your retirement. You retired at the right time for you and I wish you every happiness for 2024

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Hogmanay Ali. The old year is done and gone and with it all the upsets that have beset you. You are stronger than you realise so let 2024 be a really good year for you and enjoy it all 🙏🙂. Jan in Castle Gresley xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lots of changes are coming so here's to a better year in 2024 :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks