Tuesday 11 June 2024

Another birthday!!

 

I am terrible at remembering dates and often mix up days and dates.  When I was teaching I always made a point of double checking I'd made a note of the correct date against the correct day.  Well, true to form I mixed up Luna's birthday 🙄🙄🙄 TODAY 11th June is her 1st birthday!! 😂😂😂  She doesn't mind!!

She absolutely loves her new garden, mainly as it's all grass atm.  I have plans 😉  I'm loving all the daisies and buttercups.  Seeing all the daisies reminded me of Frugal Lizzy Bee on YouTube making daisy balm.  Check it out HERE

So I picked some from the edges of the grass where I know for sure Luna hasn't peed there!  I've previously made salves/balms from my calendula flowers so this is a new one for me.  They're currently drying out on my bedroom window.  I'll keep you posted! 🌼

EDIT:  Another of my favourite knowledgeable YouTube channels on foraging and herbal stuff is Home is Where Our Heart Is.  They also show you how HERE

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, this is right up my street and these balms are so easy to make aren't they?
    Happy Birthday again Luna x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy to make, you just need time and patience! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. She’s a Bonnie girl and happy first birthday to Luna. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does attract a lot of comments esp when the sun hits her coat and it's all shimmery silver. She's still a diva though!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. I actually found a recipe for making Lilac salve. I wish I would have found it earlier as now the lilacs have finished blooming. Looking forward to seeing the daisy balm.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I wonder if it is a lovely pale lilac colour. It has lots of 'anti' good stuff for skin :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh well I bet she didn't mind celebrating twice.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks