Monday 22 July 2024

Free (ish) food

 

After dropping Luna off at the vet this morning (she was furious I hadn't fed her!!)  I popped into town as I needed to do bank stuff etc.  The PIN machines in the bank still weren't working after last week's worldwide computer glitch so I got a paper receipt for my transactions.  Not had one of those in a very long time!!  I had a £6 M&S voucher which was my quarterly reward for using their credit card so it's basically 'free' money.  I paid 1p for the above veggies.  Green beans, spinach and Mediterranean veggies for the freezer and broccoli for the fridge.

I went to the community food place and got 4 lamb burgers, mange tout and tenderstem broccoli for free.  I joined their Pantry Club (£2) so I can now shop in the Pantry.  You can shop for 5 items each time for £2 (I think!) but I didn't buy anything today as I had plenty of food from elsewhere.

I went to the Bureau de Change as I found some old US dollars in a wallet.  I wasn't even sure if they still legal but they were!  So my $43 were exchanged for £30.27.  I went to Waitrose (as that's the free car park I use) and spent it on some stocking up items.  There were some yellow sticker bargains!  I got 2 packs of cubed venison (now bubbling away in the Crockpot) 2 packs of sausagemeat and a rump steak as I had no meat or fish in the freezer.  I treated myself to some fresh Scottish strawberries but that wasn't included in the dollar money.

I had the steak sliced and stir fried with some mange tout and broccoli.  It was delicious!! 😋 A real treat as I just don't buy steak any more.

Luna's home and feeling very sorry for herself.  She's still doped up and woozy from the drugs so she's very sleepy and calm.  For now...

12 comments:

  1. Aw poor Luna, I'm never sure if they feel more sorry for themselves because they have to wear the cone or not lol. It's awful we can't explain to them what happened isn't it. I'm sure she'll soon be up and about and driving you mad! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's already pulled the cone off and jumped up on the couch!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Luna does look dismal, in the photo. She'll be OK soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's already barking at me to take the cone off!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. I bet having a woozy and briefly calm Luna felt very strange.

    That's some brilliant shopping, I think we are cut from the same cloth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm Luna didn't last long!! I was rather pleased with my shopping, making the most of what I had available to 'spend' and getting unprocessed food :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. Well done on all your great buys today and what luck finding the dollars! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were in a very old wallet I found in a box. I nearly just threw it out but luckily I checked first! :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. You did very well with all your shopping. Poor Luna and the cone of shame.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy with my haul. Luna is not coping well with the cone and restricted activities. Just 6 more days :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Sorry late to this but just wanted to say I hope Luna is recovering well x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's absolutely fine but it's a nightmare trying to keep her from bouncing around!!! :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks