Thursday 15 August 2024

New handles

 

It's been bugging me since I moved in that the 3 doors in my small living room all had different coloured and shaped handles.  One was even on upside down and the tubular latch had been removed.  No idea why!

So today I replaced the latch (don't look closely if you're a joiner!!) 😂

And I fitted new handles to the door that leads into the hallway and stairs.  This means I can close this door properly when I have to answer the front door and keep Luna safely in the living room.  The handles are just from B&Q (Breage is the design) and costs £25 for a pair.  The design is very ergonomic and actually feels nice when you hold it.  It'll cost another £50 to do the other 2 doors so hopefully I can get them done soon.  In the past when I've tried to match light sockets and switches throughout the house they stopped making the design I used.  So I don't want to wait too long, just in case!

I made another video while Luna was at daycare.  I was practising my editing skills on this one.  I can't believe the response I've had on the first video and I've got an amazing 343 subscribers! 😮 Apart from one narky comment, everyone has been so lovely!

My DIL asked me if I had ideas for more videos.  I've got a few but if there's anything you think I should cover let me know! 😊

17 comments:

  1. Good tips and well presented. My tip would be -cook once: eat twice or more. I like batch cooking and it frees up time for other things. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know I'm a big fan of batch cooking :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Good tips Ali. I am loving your down to earth ways to save money and live a frugal life.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d like to see how you update your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying your videos. Wonder if you have ideas on preparing for the cold weather. Heating costs are going to be a major expense next winter Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one. As I'm in a new house my cold weather plans will be different. Especially as I don't have a woodburner any more :-) xxx

      Delete
  5. The new handle is a hundred times better, if you can afford it, bite the bullet and purchase the other two as soon as possible in case they go out of stock, it happens regularly at B&Q.

    Your YouTube videos are great and will only get better as you learn more about editing, inserting photos and captions etc. Ignore the narky ones, in fact do as most 'Influencers' do and just delete any that are too bad.

    What I will say is that it's such a shame that with almost 3,000 views now on your first video, more people haven't subscribed (although your numbers have grown amazingly well with only three new videos up). We need to get you monetised as soon as possible and that won't happen until you have 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 view hours. I've never understood people not wanting to Subscribe, it costs nothing and shows support for the YouTuber, I always do it if I have been watching a few of someone's videos as a way of saying Thank You.

    Come on folks ... Subscribe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Sue-you have shamed me into creating a utube account. I didn’t realise that Ali didn’t get a hit if I only clicked on here. Thanks for teaching this old dog a new trick. Catriona

      Delete
    2. Thanks Sue!! You can be my media manager! Lol!! And thanks for creating an account Catriona! I've made 3 videos now and already my editing has improved. Not sure if I'll ever get monetised (not that bothered) but I can see from the comments I think I've found a wee niche :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Just for followers like me who did not know tap/click on the words YouTube and it takes you to the YouTube channel then you can subscribe and like Just done it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All good stuff Ali, well done you x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard as it is, try and be pleased at the negative comments too - youtube works on engagement not popularity, so those negative comments are a plus for your channel too. If you can, look on it like every comment is a vote to see more of your channel. So negative comments are a plus point too, as long as you don't let them get to you (or respond and let them know they've hit their target).

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks