Wednesday 10 April 2024

I've started!

 

I got my act together and have finally started sowing seeds in my wee heated propagator.  2 types of tomato, Roma from my own saved seeds and some cherry ones.  I've also started some cucumbers.  They'll all go in the polytunnel at the plot at some point.  I checked on my seed potatoes and they're all sprouting madly so I need to get them in the ground asap!

I've arranged for the British Heart Foundation to come next week and take away some surplus furniture.  These 2 bookcases are going.  The books have been sorted and those I'm taking with me are already packed. I'll be on the lookout for a smaller bookcase.

I'm also donating the above wee sideboard as well.  The contents (my colourful glasses collection) have also been wrapped and packed!

I did 2 trips to the recycling centre today and donated a ton of stuff to the reuse hub and sorted the rest into the different recycling areas.  Some of the above plastic tubs are empty and ready to be refilled.

I'm trying to be ruthless.  I'll have about a third of the space I currently have and no garage!!  The 2 trips today have barely made a dent in my 'stuff' but at least I've started! 😊

8 comments:

  1. Well done on getting started on the big cull. I am still working away at decluttering and also refusing stuff that people want to give me. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I have loads of 'stuff' that people gave me and I don't know why I accepted it!!! Maybe I had a moment where I thought 'it might be useful one day!' Today I got rid of 'stuff' that's been in boxes in the eaves for almost 11 years! It felt good to let it all go :-) xxx

      Delete
  2. Adrenalin kicked in and she is off 🐎. Well done Ali on your very positive start, no time to waste so gallop on and before you know it you will be at the finishing line in your new home. Jan in Castle Gresley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd cleared a lot of stuff when my son and DIL moved in. Turns out I'd just cleverly hidden it all!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow, things are really moving along. Good for you.
    Are you going to be keeping your plot, or do you have to give it up? Or did I miss something and you have managed a plot in your new area?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my plot as I'm still going to be living within Stirling :-) xxx

      Delete
  4. You's started and in good time too. Well done. A bit here and there very regularly and it will be done in time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a plan to pack one box a day. I'll put Luna into daycare once or twice a week to physically get stuff out of the house to the recycling centre and charity shops :-) xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks