Sunday 13 December 2015

Mincemeat and apple sponge pudding


OH is a huge pudding fan.  Gluten free puddings can be a bit iffy  but mostly I prefer to go without.  So yesterday he had a real hankering for a pudding to have with custard.  BTW Alpro's vanilla custard is so good everyone eats it without realising it's dairy free.

So looking at what I had in the cupboard and fruit bowl I had an idea for using up some of that 5p mincemeat from earlier in the year.  I couldn't find a recipe so I made this one up.

Mincemeat and apple sponge pudding

150g Pure spread
150g sugar
150g Doves Farm self raising gluten free flour
50g ground almonds
2 eggs
4 tbsp. Alpro Vanilla milk

1 apple, cored and chopped into small pieces, skin on
2/3 jar of mincemeat

Cream Pure spread and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time with a spoonful flour and beat.  Add sieved flour, almonds and milk and beat together until smooth.

Grease a medium sized casserole dish and put mincemeat on the bottom.  Add the apple then the sponge mixture on top.

It took 50 mins in the oven at Gas 5 until the middle of the sponge was firm.

Serve with custard.

OH declared it the best pudding he's ever had, not just the best GF!  Bit chuffed here :-)

BTW, this morning I worked out that in 100 days I'll be 50!!

4 comments:

  1. 50! Best age ever (until you're 60 - I'm 60 and enjoying it very much.)

    Thanks for the recipe - I'm not GF, but I have a friend who is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, very helpful for this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finding that adding ground almonds keeps GF cakes from being dry. Adding extra liquid helps too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your OH - I am a big pudding fan and this one looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks