Friday 18 December 2015

Some job news


It's still under negotiation and obviously confidential ;-) but since I know you won't tell anyone, I'll let you in on it!  I have job permanency rights as I've now got 24 months continuous service.  This means I have the right to apply to the Education department to convert my temporary contract into a permanent one.  This doesn't mean I have the right to an actual post but it's a significant move forward.  The annual staffing review takes place in January/February where they look at the number of teachers available and the posts needing filled in August at the start of the new academic year.  I could be sent anywhere but right now I'm happy with that.

In the short term it looks like I'll be staying where I am until the summer with a high chance of job sharing from the end of April to the end of June.  That's ok with me as it all counts towards continuous service according to the lovely HR lady I've been dealing with today.  At the moment building up my continuous service to the magic number of 30 months is more important than halving my income.

Although it's not a permanent job yet, it's a huge step forward and frankly, a weight off my mind.

6 comments:

  1. I hope it all falls into place for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, what a lovely Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ali that is wonderful news. And you know what, you deserve it! You have put the hard work and done the necessary. What a lovely Christmas present. Cheers. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news; proves there are different ways to achieve a good result. X

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks