Saturday 26 June 2021

Summer holiday starts here!

 


Yesterday was the last day of school so I'm finally on holiday!  What a year it's been!  I managed back to work for the last 2 weeks and hobbled about on crutches and an ankle support.  Wasn't perfect but the kids and my colleagues helped me out.  And I managed to clear out my classroom ready for my move back to Primary 1 (that's Reception or Kindergarten elsewhere).  Since I'm absolutely positive this is my last move I gave away all my upper and middle school resources.  This is all I took to my new room.

Mostly toys and some books, some trays that will fit into an Ikea unit that the janitor will move for me next week.  I'm also to get a new sink installed.  The current P1 teacher is on maternity leave so she's not moved her stuff out yet.  I'm not going back into school until early August as I just need a complete break.  Plenty of time before the new kids arrive 😊

Both my garden and allotment are overgrown with weeds.  Just 6 weeks of no work means they've got wild!  So my aim is to do a wee bit every day.


At least the onion bed is looking good thanks to my lovely mum! 🧅  Red and brown varieties.

I'm not going away on holiday anywhere so it's a staycation for me.  I've got loads to do around the house and garden to keep me busy.  I'm planning to do loads of cooking, knitting and a bit of stripping 😉 I need to get my mobility and fitness back.  And I've already made a start on making all those appointments teachers put off until the holidays! 😂

6 comments:

  1. When you say stripping??? I assume you mean paper and not that you're planning some entertainment for fellow plot holders lol. Enjoy your holidays. My veg is full of weeds too and I've not got any injury or had to work, they just grow faster than I can pull them out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yep, stripping painted woodchip wallpaper in my bathroom!! Who invented that monstrosity?? I think the wet hot weather has been perfect for growing weeds but not my veggies! xxx

      Delete
  2. Glad you are on the mend, Ali, but don't overdo it! There's always next year for really getting stuck in at the allotment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to take my time, it's a long term project. I'm happy to just potter and keep the weeds down this year :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Take it easily, just one bite at a time and it will all happen, eventually., I sympathise about those pesky allotment weeds, mind you! Always looking for opportunities to creep back in.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they know you can't get at them!! Luckily we have a great committee, very sensible so I know I won't get hassled. When I hear about other allotment committees round the country I feel very blessed xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks