Friday 25 March 2022

Returning to 'normal'

 


The weather has been lovely this week.  I've been able to get out into the garden and gently potter.  Today I was brave and went to my plot.  And I was so happy I did.  I just had a good look at everything and sat in the sun, taking it all in.  It always brings me instant calm.

I went into school yesterday to meet with my Headteacher and discuss my phased return (well I drew up a timetable and gave her it!)  I went to visit my class and I was overwhelmed with the response.  My wee kiddos have missed me 😍 And my colleagues said they'd missed me too!  I was really tired afterwards.

I go back on Monday.  I'm working 3 mornings and an afternoon.  Then it's the 2 week Easter break.  I think that should be doable.  It feels like the beginning of things returning to normal, whatever normal is these days.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are able to restart gently. That's good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gentle start to get my head round what they've been doing and put my classroom back to normal. It's funny how other teachers rearrange the room when you're not there!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Good that they are accommodating your needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legally they have to after a set number of absence days but it's been easy to sort out so far xxx

      Delete
  3. I am glad you can start slowly back to work. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow start then into a holiday is good timing xxx

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that you can slowly re-enter work. I think that your plans sound very doable.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm discovering that bits of the system work esp if it's a long term illness. It's just the pressure of getting you back too quickly for the 'minor' stuff. Ironically that's what can lead to longer term absences! xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks