Tuesday 31 May 2022

May Spending

 


And just like that it's the end of the month again.  I'm pleased to report that my spending was more controlled this month and I've stuck to my budget!  I did buy a few out of the ordinary things like more compost bins for the allotment (made from recycled plastic.)  I now have enough bins/space to properly turn the compost heap and hopefully get better quality compost!

I did end up going to the supermarket mainly to get fresh fruit and veg but it was still a low spend month.  Plus we got a bit of a pay raise last month.  After tax etc I got an extra £101 in my salary.  It wasn't budgeted for in the yearly plan I did in January so it was a nice bonus. It means I've added a decent amount to my savings account this month.

Savings account total: £5121.97

I think I'm still on track to save £10k this year, even taking into account all the stuff I need to do to the house.  Phew!!


I finally found out who my new stage partner will be for the next session.  I'm staying in P1 (4 and 5yos) and my partner in the other P1 class will be a young teacher with 2 years teaching experience.  She's lovely and said she hopes to learn from me.  I said I'd learn just as much from her!!  I think it's a big mistake to think you know it all even with 34(!) years experience 😱

I was doing a wee stocktake of toys and resources in my classroom and found this wee doll with terribly matted hair.  I brought her home and spent some time detangling her hair.  She looks brand new again!  Kids will love her and we've saved money by not needing to buy a new one.  She needs some new clothes but I'm sure I can run up some wee dresses or something over the holidays 👗

4 comments:

  1. Ever resourceful, that's you, Ali! Lovely to get an unexpected pay raise but I'm sure it will barely cover the rise in inflation! Our increase in pension this year was 2% while the inflation rate was 5%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pay rise was 2% while rate of inflation for last month was 9% *rolls eyes*

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you got a pay raise. Cute doll. I am sure the children will love her.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair is still drying this morning but so far still looking good!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks