Monday 13 June 2022

Busy Weekend

 

Despite the heavy rain showers and the wild wind blowing a hoolie, I popped over to the plot to water the polytunnel.  The irony was not lost on me as I'm inside it with the rain battering on the roof and I had a hose in my hand 😆 But my wee tomato plants are thriving.  I also planted up 8 bell peppers.  I only had 8 seeds in the packet and all 8 germinated and grew into sturdy plants.  I've not grown peppers before so fingers crossed 🤞

The fruit bushes I planted last weekend were still alive plus the wee apples on my ancient tree are still there 😊  I'll need to thin them out so some have a good chance to fully mature but I'll need to do some research on that.  Main thing is the tree is producing again after many fruitless years! 🍎

I also pulled some rhubarb and took the time to stew it before portioning it up for the freezer.  It was delicious! 😋

I had a bag of white potatoes that needed to be used up so I made a big pot of buttery mash.  Also portioned up and in the freezer!


I cleared out the fridge of last weeks veg and turned it into a tomato based sauce for pasta by chucking it all in the crockpot while i went to the plot.  It made 5 generous portions, also for the freezer.


I also made some play dough for school!  When my son and his fiancé moved out they left a bag of regular flour so I used it up.  My wee kiddos love play dough activities!


In between the heavy showers Tuppence had a good forage in my mint bed!

One of my nephews and his wife came to visit.  Thanks to the pandemic I haven't seen him since my dad's funeral, 2 years ago.  And I'd never met his wife.  They got married last year in one of the tiny windows of opportunity where you were allowed to have a very small wedding.  I watched it by a live link!  It was just lovely to catch up with him.  My youngest son came with his fiancé so the girls could all meet each other for the first time.  It was a lovely catch up!

So a busy weekend in all.  I only have 2 more weeks of teaching before we break up for the Summer holidays.  The longest 2 weeks of the year!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Only two weeks? Wow, there's about five weeks more here. Do you go back earlier for the new school year?
    Good luck - I know you'll be busy but I hope there are no problems. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we go back mid August. Scottish system is usually a month ahead of the English system xxx

      Delete
  2. Our oldest son Kurt only has two weeks of teaching left as well. I think he is looking forward to the break. You had a lovely weekend and getting to visit with family is priceless.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely weekend but it flashes by so quickly!! I cannot wait until the break! :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks