Saturday 11 June 2022

Hayfever aka The Snotty Club

 

I would like to publicly issue a heartfelt apology to all hayfever sufferers.  I did not understand how awful it can be for you.  I am now one of those sufferers.  As my young colleague said "Welcome to the snotty club!" 😭

I've been sniffly for a week or two and thought I had a bit of a cold (again!)  I spent some time last weekend on the plot and in the garden pulling weeds and grass.  By Sunday night I was floored.  Looks like grass and weed pollen are now my arch enemies.  It explains so much.  On Sunday night I took my first ever anti histamine tablet.  I've struggled at work all week thanks to an all day Sports Day, 2 Nursery Transition events outside and a full day of Outdoor Learning.

It's been suggested that since my immune system has been severely damaged thanks to Covid and the subsequent chest infection, my body has over reacted to the pollen and produced too much histamine.  Someone also suggested it's another menopause symptom 🙄  Either way it sucks and warrants further investigation!!

Following on from my last post I can report that the cheaper coffee actually tastes rather good.  And the beans were ok, definitely less sweet than Heinz so I guess that's no bad thing 😊

9 comments:

  1. My hay fever started in my mid-thirties and, like you, I thought it was just a summer cold.
    I hope you get some help and that any meds easy the symptoms. It can be miserable and I really sympathise. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adding it to my list of ailments for my next GP check up!! I genuinely didn't realise you could be utterly miserable and exhausted by it xxx

      Delete
    2. It's very wearing and more unpleasant that people think, especially if you get the itchy eyes, ears and throat as well as the snuffles and continual sneezes. Yes, it's exhausting. I feel for you. xx

      Delete
  2. After a few weeks the anti histamine does not make you feel so tired but it makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh deep joy, I eat too much already!! Lol! But good to know the tiredness wears off :-)

      Delete
  3. Pollen bothers me as well. Quite often I get a major sinus headache.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've had some headaches too. I was so happy there was heavy rain most of yesterday as it gave me some relief!

      Delete
  4. I noticed the pollen was bad this week. Luckily it doesn't bother me but I feel for all the allergy sufferers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't bother me either until last week!!

      Delete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks